You are the World and the World is You :)

by frankiespeakin 13 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Jeff,

If God of the bible is real, we are at the mercy of his cranky judgemental whims. Leave him far behind he is just as primative as the ancients were, at the time the writings take place,,which account for his tyranical behavour. People beleived in those things because they were taught those things from older generations and easily fooled.

Wrong information spreads like a virus though the human thought system,,but like a virus we are as a species growing immune from this one. I think the human evolutionary drive to understand more and more his world will wake up many to false reasonings and sharper focus.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    If God of the bible is real, we are at the mercy of his cranky judgemental whims

Sorry this has gone a bit off topic, but why I like this books perspective is because it does indeed argue that the God of the Bible, in the way most people understand such a concept is not real, but mythology or human perspectives to try to make sense of out world & universe. It also rejects totally the notion of judgement or salvation being for a selecy few from a single faith. It doesnt limit the issues to this part of the universe.

IF we allow the possibility there is some form of Creative entity or force (God is just a word), and if we allow the possibility that the Bible (written 14 billion years after the start of this universe) COULD have some degree of mystic truth simplified as Creator God is Love/No such thing as devil or evil but just negative forces of nature - decay/antropy...necessary for creation (2nd law of thermodynamics...?). Then could creation of the universe be a Creators way of experiencing self and mutual love (its natural state) through highly evolved beings. Creation itself necessarily includes negative forces eg natural selection, at least for a time...Us all being sons of God & part of God & connected with every other atom in the universe is actually consistent with what the Bible really says, but not what people believe the Bible says.

Is our skepticism of the Bible based on our abject failure to understand it on several levels? If we are all part of God/universe then salvation/eternal life is for all as we were created/evolved so Love can be experienced to/from the creative force. What we dont understand now might be somewhat more clearly grasped in a few hundred years hence due to advancement, evolution or whatever. The Bible is a mix of mythology, history, propaganda, religion, poetry etc. IF this guy is right in his logic that any truths it contains are quite the opposite of what most Christians teach, but closer to mysticism, physics and cosmology. I am interested in the new perspective and fromwhat I've read so far reccommend the book as I did Steven Hawking or Brian Greene stuff.

Unfortunately I may have completely misrepresented this half-read book by over/under playing important aspects. I never did take the Bible too literally, but rather than reject completely like I did for many years, I am getting such a different perspective, which my post has failed to do justice to. Hey- Im no scientist or theologist

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Jaff,

I know what you mean. I think the Bible is good for finding out how human thought is progressing, we can understand our ancient forefather more that is if we are not of some far eastern origens.

I do agree the term God has a wide scope of meaning. I personal don't much care for it because it seems to be a thought stopper that makes the imagination go to sleep.

• QCA1
    QCA1

Hi

I have been reading the Conversation with God books by neale walsch,does anyone here agree with these words.

Five Steps to Peace.

1)We acknowledge that certain old beliefs about Life and about God are no longer working.

2)We acknowledge that there is something we do not understand about God and about Life,the understanding of which could change everthing.

3)We are willing for new understanding of God and life to now be brought forth,understandings that could produce a new way of Life on this planet.

4) We are willing to explore and examine these new understandings,and,if they align with our inner truth and knowing,to enlarge our belief system to include them.

5)We are willing to live our lves as a demonstration of our beliefs.

Thanks for reading.

qca1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit