Keep On The Watch - Week of May 23

by ezekiel3 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SallySue
    SallySue

This is such mind numbing drivel... and they are "studying" it? It seems more like it is written for a two year old.

I cannot believe the rank and file would think of this as "food at the proper time."

Awful!!!!!

Keep on the watch for fear you will go to sleep during the meeting.

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Does God Really Care?

*YAWN* Wasn't this the title of that crappy blue & white booklet I placed as a little kids back in the 70's?

• loosie
    loosie
    Priests sexually exploit young people; church cover-up. Decline in attendance; church buildings sold.

Why do they talk about themselves like that?

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

This reminds me of the Japanese soldier who was still on the watch when picked up on a forgotten island in the seventies, over 30 years afterWW2 ended. True story.

Rational onlookers reacted in disbelief, shock and finally sadness for this deluded fool who never bothered to question his situation and had wasted his life believing Japan was still fighting the great fight. Who does that sound like?

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Oops! Just realized I had not included page 10 of this study. Please carry on

Page 10

Are Your Choices Leading You to Where You Really Want to Go?

CONSIDER THESE QUESTIONS

ENTERTAINMENT/RECREATION: Does my choice of recreation refresh me? Does it involve thrills that could endanger my health or even cripple me for life? Is it a form of "fun" that involves excitement for perhaps a few hours but that can bring long-term heartache? Even if the entertainment that I choose is wholesome, am I spending so much time at it that it crowds out more important things?

MY JOB OR MY CAREER: Does it serve as a means of support, or am I really a slave to it? Does it make demands that are ruining my health? Would I prefer to work overtime on my job or to spend time with my mate or my children? If my employer demands work that disturbs my conscience or that frequently crowds out spiritual interests, will I do that work in order to keep my job?

MY HEALTH: Do I take it for granted, or am I consistent about safeguarding it? Does it dominate my conversation? Does the way I treat it show concern for my family?

PERSONAL HAPPINESS: Is this my first consideration? Do I put it ahead of the happiness of my mate or my family? Is the way in which I seek it consistent with being a worshiper of the true God?

MY MATE: Do I view my mate as my companion simply when this happens to suit me? Do I treat my mate with honor, as one who is entitled to personal dignity? Does belief in God influence the way I view my mate?

MY PARENTS: If still a minor, am I obedient to my parents--answering respectfully, doing assigned chores, coming home at whatever time they set, avoiding associations and activities that they warn against? If an adult, do I listen to my parents with respect, giving them suitable help when this is needed? Is the way I deal with them governed by my convenience or by the counsel of God's Word?

MY CHILDREN: Do I feel a responsibility to teach my children proper moral values, or do I expect the schools to do that? Do I spend time with my children, or do I expect toys, TV, or a computer to keep them occupied? Do I discipline my children consistently when they ignore God's reminders, or do I do it mainly when I am irritated?

A NICE HOME, FINE CLOTHES: What dictates the attention I give to my appearance and my possessions--the impression I hope to make on the neighbors? the welfare of my family? the fact that I am a worshiper of God?

BEING THE BEST AT WHATEVER I DO: Do I feel that it is important to do things well? Do I strive to be the best? Am I disturbed if someone else does something better?

WORSHIP OF GOD: Is having the approval of God more important to me than the approval of my mate, my children, my parents, or my employer? In order to maintain a comfortable life-style, would I be willing to push service to God into second place?

• LMS-Chef
    LMS-Chef

Who cares.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Thanx Ezekiel- Boy that was spiritually filling. NOT! How much do they pay people to show up for this?

Rebel-

Loved your post. Especially:

THE ENVIRONMENT: Forests stripped for publication of countless WTS books and magazines that ultimately end up in the trash. Environment polluted by large publishing facility in NY.

They aren't only stupid, but very selfish miserable bastards!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit