Quickbuilds

by JW83 21 Replies latest jw friends

• JW83
    JW83

Thanks for the pic! You're right, it's just a big publicity stunt, really, & to make the dubs feel special. I'm personally glad it burnt down, because it's where the guy I had a major crush on for years got married ... Sad, huh?!!

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

the secret was to get a job doing security. That was easy work. The worst you'd find is a young couple fogging the windows in the parking lot. None of the public could give a rat's ass about screwing with the Dubs building a windowless crappy building. The first one I went on, I was 14 and was in Greeley, CO. Because I'd been in shop class as a freshman in HS, I talked one of the supervisory a-hole elders into letting me operate a radial arm saw for about half the morning. I ended up in the attic helping both the insulation crew and the HVAC people. It wasn't me, but we had a stream of adventurous people who wanted to see what we were doing in the attic, one elder ended up falling through the freshly hung drywall on the ceiling. No serious injury, just lots to repair.

When they set up "regional building comittees", it changed the "hell bent for leather" way that the halls were built...and slowed them way down, made a bureaucracy of a-holes, and hemmed everyone in.

The two or three I went on were a great diversion but I don't really miss them.

Ern

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit