Welcome, Bagira!!!

by OldSoul 19 Replies latest jw friends

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

looking forward to hearing some accounts re hlc

i always wanted to be on the hlc

blood issue was my fave

until like everything else i found out we only told what they wanted us to know

so welcome

Welcome, Bagira. If you see Baloo around, tell him there's room for him here as well. Same goes for King Louie.

• love11
    love11

Wow Bagira, you sound like you have an interesting story.

Welcome to the site, it's nice to know people that will stand for something instead of falling for everything. I'm df and when I found out, I was floored! I remember my sisters friend ran into a telephone poll because she saw that the local kh was providing day care service during the day and meetings at night. LOL She came out ok from that accident but later got cancer and died recently. If she was alive to here about the UN scandel, I wonder what she would have reacted like. hahaha

• Bagira
    Bagira

Hi Everybody,

(story continued :-)

After being informed by the UN about the association with the WTBS my friend and myself have examined all the information being available on the internet. I was shaken to the roots and couldn't get my bearings for three months. The CO was due to visit our congregation and I planned to resign from my position as elder at that time. I have informed the other elders of the congregation about the UN association and told them I was no longer in position to give talks about Christian neutrality, while I know that this is not true of the WTBS.

In the meantime my friend sent a letter to the national Bethel about the UN and he received the usual formal letter of the sociaty stating that the association would have been necessary in order to visit the UN library

Then the CO came and had a discussion with me. He was benevolent to me and suggested to contact the Hungarian Bethel in Budapest and convey my questions regarding the UN association to them and to wait with resigning as long as they answer me in order to see the end of the story. I consented and made a 6 pages long table including all information my friend and myself have collected from the internet and in the local (Budapest) UN public library in Hungary. The first column included the pieces of information given by the WTBS in the letter they sent to my friend, the second the contrary information we have collected and the third included the sources and references, showing that the statements made by the WTBS were outright lies.

In the meantime I retreated from leading the WT study, maintained my work as elder and HLC secretary and was waiting for the answer. My friend was disfellowshipped, along with his wife, in the meantime for apostasy.

Before answering me, the Hungarian spokesman of the Bethel called me and told me he would urgently want to talk to me because of the UN association and asked me when I was going to travel to Budapest. I said I would not go there for a while. Then he said that in this case he would visit me.

The spokesman of the Bethel was my close associate in the HLC and is a good fellow. Anyway, when he visited me, he told me among others that none of both of us would like to have a sad ending in the story and he advised me to stop scrutinizing this issue, as I have my wife and son and the preaching work to take care of ..........

Two days after the elders of the congregation wanted to talk to me. The Bethel in Budapest sent a letter to them and not to me and I was not allowed to take the letter home with me, I was just allowed to read it in a minute. THe main argument was that there are several tens of thousand brothers and sisters believing the FDS all over the world and so should I too.....

As I learnt later on, there was also a second letter accompanying the first one, advising the elders to proceed with me according to a protocol used in case there is some serious sinner in the family of an elder ............

I will continue

Have a nice day and hugs

Bagira

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

welcome aboard, Bagira.

What an interesting name - tell us more.

Anyway, make yourself at home and.......................

Enjoy!

Cheers, Ozzie (permanently upside down class)

Freedom means not having to wear a tie.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Welcome Bagira

Dismembered

• zagor
    zagor

Welcome to the club Bagira

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Welcome to the site Bagira, your story is fascinating. I look forward to seeing more of your posts.

• z
    z

Welcome Bagira

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

Welcome, I'm sitting on the edge of my seat with the others...

ig.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit