Judicial commities in Brazil

by gringojj 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gringojj
    gringojj

Does anyone have any inside knowledge on this>?

• gringojj
    gringojj

anyone?

• loosie
    loosie

minimus - What do you mean CA witnesses aren't like NY's

• steve2
    steve2

As more time passes, I think the strict hold the GB claims to have over the rank and file will diminish. I saw some quotes in the press recently from the man who claimed to be a JW and a lawyer for Michael Jackson. His views were noticably unJWish. I also think that JWs in general are much more relaxed nowadays about refering to their religion as a "church" something that would absolutely never have occurred even a few years ago.

The JW faith is primarily about appearances; scratch just below the surface and all the old ways and beliefs ooze out.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Alot of these third world nations are very poor, and the most important thing to them is getting their next meal. In these kinds of conditions, where food, clothing and shelter is hard to come by, it's hard to push the idea that the Watchtower is all they need and then they will be happy and hearty. I would imagine that alot of the people in these type of nations have a very important stake in seeing what the religious missionaries will bring in the way of charitable donations to this land. I'm sure that alot of time they are doing/saying anything they can to get some food, education, clothes, handouts just to stay alive! Including going to meetings. However, tribal regulations/traditions/culture dies hard. Even though the Witness missionaries probably don't give out that much in charitable donations to villages, etc., they probably still provide a sense of comfort/security in that they visit and check on the people. Emotional needs, I'm sure, need to be met, too.

I remember reading about when the Spanish brought some slaves from Africa to Costa Rica. The slaves converted to Catholicism because they had no other choice. However, while they were worshiping the saints of Catholicism, they equated them to their own God/Goddesses of Voodoo.. and then the religions of Santeria, Candomble, and Palo Mayombe were born: a mix of Catholicism and Voodoo.

CG

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I spoke with a Ghanaian JW, he worked as a tribal doctore, and his speciality was to prescribe herbs that would make your penis grow and thus enable you to please all needs .......

I don't quite see a NY JW doin' the same .........

• gringojj
    gringojj

I wonder if they stone apostates to death in any countries i mean some rogue countries just dont care what you do if its not illegal do they do it?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    And if that is true the i would think there are more people who are disobeying the WTS. But are they dfed? Does anyone turn them in? If someone in a poor area of the world gets dfed or da'd or fades or whatever does the WTS keep record of this like they do here? I am just wondering if anyone knows how things are conducted in poor areas of the world.

You ask an interesting question and I'll comment anecdotally. A few years back I was asked to join a special committee to report back to Crooklyn on the DF practices in a certain developing country i.e. we had to report on the branch committee. We found that there was a greater propensity to DF than in developed countries. There were other findings too which are "off topic" but as far as your question goes, you shouldn't think that the WTS is any weaker in the developing countries than in the developed. There's no evidence to support it.

Cheers, Ozzie

• gringojj
    gringojj

Interesting ozzie thanks for the info

• kalunga
    kalunga

I'm actually writting from Brazil.

The situation here is interesting... As someone said, there isn't a lot of ex-JWs here. The JWs here doesn't know nothing about pedofily among JWs of USA, and other news like that...

There is here only one or two books in portuguese talking about JWs, but there's a lot of sites. As everybody knows, JWs can't see these kind of things...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit