It's official - 20 years out and free

by Lady Lee 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Emma
    Emma

Congratulations! Newly out ones need to here this; we do quite well, thank you very much.

I don't remember the year, much less the date I made my escape through the back door of the kh. I sort of wish I did. Maybe I should estimate a time and celebrate it every year - it was a turning point in my life. The real me finally emerged!

Please let us know how you mark the anniversary!

Emma

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thanks everyone

Freedom is more than just a word. It is life. Real life. With all the ups and downs that comes with it.

I just hated having to consult with the elders for every little detail of my life. What was OK and what wasn't. And let's not forget what is OK this week might not be OK next week and then it can all change again. No wonder so many have to keep searching the literature of consulting the elders! We have a mind and the freedom to use it. God isn't a dictator but Rutherford sure made the WTS into a dictatorship.

Take care. I'll be popping in and out when I can get access to a computer

• Banshee
    Banshee

LadyLee,

Congratulations! I have enjoyed your posts on this site and also on another one. As an abuse survivor, I also thank you for your Healing Pages. You are most certainly a treasure to the exJW community.

Very sincerely,

Banshee

• Swan
    Swan

Congratulations Lady Lee!

Another good reason to party on!

Tammy

• fairchild
    fairchild

Congratulations! It must have been horrible at first, but I bet you are happy now to know the truth.

I've been chatting with some ex-JWs recently, and heard myself asking the question "How long were you in for?" An innocent bystander might think we were talking about prison.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    An innocent bystander might think we were talking about prison.

We were!!!

I went out to see the fireworks to celebrate - great timing

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LadyLee:

Congratulations! I sorry for the pain you suffered and I hope it is over now.
    I am so glad I was only a marginal dub so there are fewer mental chains to break. But it is hard just the same.

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

(Said with a deep voice) Yea Baby!

• Sirona
    Sirona

Great stuff Lady lee

I'm so happy for you and you've been a GREAT addition to this forum. You've helped so many people.

When I left the JWs I only thought of suicide. I so totally believed that there was nothing ahead of me except death. I was taught to believe that leaving the safety of the WTS meant eternal destrucion with no hope for a future.

Me too. The thing is that even though I'm down right now, I know there is a possibility of a future. The JWs take that away from you once you know that the "truth" was a lie. But you can rebuild your life and no matter how low you get there is always a hope somewhere.

Sirona

• Sassy
    Sassy

Congrats on your 20/10 Yr Anniversary Lee! We love you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit