Will the WT defend by default?

by Jim Lad 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim Lad
    Jim Lad

Hi, folks, my wife is taking legal action in Alberta against her pedophile stepfather who denied everything (when reappointed a MS), and since made an elder despite "unprovable accusations".

Will, the society automatically step in to make a defense just because he's an elder? We already had this go through all the "proper channels" right to the legal dept. of Canada in 97/98, so this story isn't new to them. Do they tell you to go to the worldy courts and then fight against you because we're just people and the scumbag's an elder?

• Maximus
    Maximus

"Ecclesiastical privilege" is extremely important to the Society.
    How much money would it be worth to them to protect this, under the table or openly?

Would you like to talk to Dateline? Drop me an e-mail.

Maximus

• Francois
    Francois

God I love this interent.

Where it is a duty to worship the Sun you can be sure that a study of the laws of heat is a crime.

• Jim Lad
    Jim Lad

Maximus: What's dateline? (US media exposure dealy?), I don't have your email address.

Franc: -???? reference to paradox of report/fight?

Thanks guys.

• sf
    sf

Dear Mr. Lad,

Just a suggestion, but why not take this inquiry/ topic straight to MSNBC's "Religions and Ethics" bbs here:

< http://bbs.msnbc.com/bbs/msnbc-faith/index.asp

It is certainly a worthy quest(ion) and this is the bbs (bulletin board system) that will be all a-buzz when DATELINE airs it's program on the pedophile epidemic among this publishing corporation. Of course, the east coast will see it before the west, therefore, I will be at this bbs waiting for the topic to "hit the fan"; along ith my longawaited chillin' bottle of Spumonti . And if, for some reason, the west coast's program is preempted, at least I have friends in yahoo who have webcams, and I WILL watch it online!! YES, the internet is a modern day marvel. Embrace her! Use her to the fullest, she loves it.

Cheers in advance, sKally..."VERY APOSTATE" klass

• Maximus
    Maximus

Jim, check the address envelope next to my moniker on the left of this post and click on it to see my address. Drop me a line if you so choose.

Do you know what 60 Minutes is on CBS? Have you seen the movie "Insider"? Dateline is a TV news program that addresses tough issues, and is offering a voice to those not heard. They have examined a considerable number of situations just such as yours and will soon air a fair, unbiased program that will give voice to stories such as yours. Your experience would not be overlooked; I'll see to it personally. I've picked up on what you've presented. Call it serendipity or whatever ...

sKally, keep up, luv. I'm offering Jim the opportunity to speak directly to the producer of NBC Dateline with whom I am in direct contact, not some BB. Check it out with my close associate Bill B ... Did you think he was a one-man show? He has allies ... many, many allies, even behind the organization's thickest walls.

Maximus

• wondering alot
    wondering alot

If any of this gets to the public media, please let me know.

• Jim Lad
    Jim Lad

Maximus, your very kind. Neither of us has DA'd ourselves though. Wouldn't that happen auto if on TV denouncing WT. I only care on account of family. My wife hasn't gone for like 3yrs (save a couple due to my prodding) but my activity flatlined in April when I learned the truth about the truth. My darkest concerns validated upon reading "Christian Freedom". I've turned my answering machine off but live right beside a very zealous old pioneer couple. Short story: I'm in hiding (sort of), not wanting to not be allowed to go to family reunions with mom and my unbelieving grandfather (the length of WT tentacles is surprising in hindsight). I do appreciate the offer but concerned because I'm trying the "fade". He will have to travel 7-1/2hrs from northern AB to go to court when that goes through, which will naturally be public. At that time I've considered Silent Lambs ad in that town of 6000 in the "garage sale" section. Until then were keeping low key. We want them to find out from the RCMP w/o warning. We've been raised to believe the mounties always get their man! haha.

PS You certainly seem connected, how long away?

• Kismet
    Kismet

Jim:

This is a very hard time for you and your wife right now. You have my deepest regards and my thoughts are with you both.

The best way to avoid having the Society involved is to avoid bringing religion into the picture.

If you try to bring in elder body testimony the Society will come in and defend the elders from testifying. This does not mean the pedophile elder...just any on the body whom he may have confessed to or any testimony of other victims that was told to the elders.

An as of yet untried legal arguement has been discussed on the board recently. Namely stating that the elders are UNTRAINED clergy thus should not be held in the same category as seminary trained clergy.

If you simply want justice against the injurious assaults committed by this man, keep religion out of it and the Society will have to stay out of it too.

So too, if the stepfather was to try and coerce elders to testify on his behalf based on their private meetings, the Society could be urged to step in and prevent that as well.

My email is [email protected] if you want to discuss this further or post here.

Kismet

PS - don't be too easily sucked into the various campaigns you hear about here and at other sites. Some are well thought out...others aren't. Some are more into sensationalism. Just do whatt is best for you and your wife. That is more important at this point than anything else.

• Maximus
    Maximus

I'm on this board because of deep compassion for individuals just such as you. It would be so easy just to go on with my life.

You would not appear on camera; there are already devastatingly compelling stories that will be presented. Frankly it would be more confirmation of the horrible realities that so many have faced, but it might help you to know there are individuals like Bill B who are sacrificing family and life-time friends just to tell the truth--and good men and women in the media who want to give you a voice.

The Society has backed off anyone involved with the Dateline program because they are extremely nervous about it, and they know that all it takes is one Elian Gonzalez story to capture the world's attention with the truth. "Honest-hearted persons" will hear the ring of truth.

When you read of local SM presentations and the km that says there is going to be bad publicity, let me tell you this is the only thing in which the organization will prove to be true prophets.

I just wanted you to know you have powerful resources should you choose to exercise them. Many of us risk much, me included, because I know this board is monitored and the thugs are always ready to pounce. One human life with all its privileges is so very, very precious. How do you tell the good guys from the others? We have hearts, and we freely expose them, whatever the risk.

Maximus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit