The Shawshank Redemption

by stillajwexelder 23 Replies latest social relationships

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

This is my all-time favorite movie!

We can compare ourselves to Andy,,,,,,,inprisioned for so many years,,,,dreaming of a better life, and when we found the WT to be a lie, we dug like crazy to get out. We even had to swim thru some crap to get to the other side of life. But it was so worth it.

Deedee, this is SO true. If I could go back in time and change what I've experienced, I really wouldn't change anything. I can't even imagine seeing Andy, swimming through the sewer, vomitting, thinking to himself, "I've got to get back to my cell." It wouldn't happen. And yet so many exes go back to their cell. It's sad really when you look at it that way.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

My brother in L.A. wanted me to tape it for him as he didn't get the channel it was on. So thinking it would be some boring movie watched it anyway while taping it.

I got the biggest surprise!.I was glued to the set until it was over. It was one of the best movies I have ever seen.

I've seen it 2 more times and love it everytime.

Snoozy...a BIG Eddie Murphy fan... And Morgan Freeman..(couldn't remember his name had to go back and find it and edit!

• Emma
    Emma

Great movie! It should have won best picture over "Forest Gump."

I came into the room when my family was watching it and thought, ugh, not a prison movie. But I couldn't stop watching. What an inspiring ending.

Emma

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Its an amazing film and can never tire of it; the whole triumph over adversity theme running through it and the escape from an institutionalised environment hits home like no other film.

Love the film...its the best.

DB74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit