The birds are attacking!!!! It must be the end!!!!

by Elsewhere 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/18/birds.attack.ap/

Swooping grackles attack Houston residents

'This is a very Hitchcock kind of story'

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 Posted: 9:43 AM EDT (1343 GMT)

HOUSTON, Texas (AP) -- Like a scene from the horror movie "The Birds," large black grackles are swooping down on downtown Houston and attacking people's heads, hair and backs.

Authorities closed off a sidewalk after the aggressive birds, which can have 2-foot wingspans, flew out of magnolia trees Monday in front of the County Administration Building.

"They were just going crazy," said constable Wilbert Jue, who works at the building. "They were attacking everybody that walked by."

The grackles zeroed in on a lawyer who shooed a bird away before he tripped and injured his face, Jue said. The lawyer was treated for several cuts.

It appears that the birds are protecting their offspring. On Monday a young grackle had fallen out of its nest and adult birds attacked people who got too close, Jue said.

Another bird attacked a deputy county clerk.

"I hit him with a bottle," said Sylvia Velasquez. "The other birds came, and one attacked my blouse and on my back."

Two women came to help her after she fell to the ground, and the birds attacked them as well. The group escaped by running into the building.

"This is a very Hitchcock kind of story. Very Tippi Hedren," said downtown worker Laura Aranda Smith, referring to one of the stars of Alfred Hitchcock's move "The Birds."

• Dustin
    Dustin

It's surely a sign of the Great Tribulation. If God can make the stones cry out, certainly he can use birds to get his message across. Wow, and if you believe that load of crap you've got problems.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

It's funny. There are a pair of blue jays who are building a nest in the tree outside our patio. Our cat "Dumb-Dumb" likes to hang out on the ledge overlooking the patio. This pair of blue jays have been swooping down on him, giving him a good peck or two and then flying off to land in the tree and shout little birdie obscinities at him from a safe distance.

Poor Dumb-Dumb cannot win either, if he abandons the ledge and walks away, they will dive bomb him in relays until he has been chased under the porch. LOL

J

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Run! Hide! Protect yourselves!

Isn't it sad how we all used to truly believe that this was going to happen??? I when I was 15 and at school I never thought I'd reach matric (similar to the american seniors I guess or graduation) because "the end" was just around the cornder and now I'm nearly 30 and the end is still just around the corner.....what will they feel like in another 15 years......and then another.....and then another.......

• Gill
    Gill

Hey Elsewhere!

It's like that when you go to Whitby, on the North Yorks Moor Coast line.

The seagulls are always swooping in on people trying to steal their fish and chips! Bloody menaces. And these are monster sized seagulls as well, cos of all the fish and chips they've managed to mug people of.

Anyway, last year this seagull swoops down on my poor husband and craps on him. He was bloody angry because seagulls don't do little poos! Anyway, he says this year he's going to catch that seagull and ' shit on it's head'.

Yuk! Horrible mental pictures.

Run seagulls! Run!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Those grackles have the right idea.... I've thought about doing that to a few lawyers myself!

CG

• Mary
    Mary

Some friends of mine have got these damn grackles nesting in trees in their yard so they get out their bee-bee gun and shoot them. Normally I don't like killing any animals, but these birds are a pain in the ass and they're mean. They dive bomb anything that moves........

• kls
    kls

Else , when those Grackles are done attacking i got the vultures to clean up the mess

• JH
    JH

The funny thing is that those birds attacked witnesses preaching there...

*rat's imagination going wild*

• fairchild
    fairchild
    The funny thing is that those birds attacked witnesses preaching there...

.. it was satan attacking them. He went from being a snake to being a flock of birds

*fairchild's imagination at work*

speaking of which, I saw 4 birds in my garden last night I had never seen before. I'm not exactly familiar with the different species out there, but I had never seen such beautiful birds before. They stayed close together, and I think that they escaped from someone's house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit