A Friend

by Quentin 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Quentin
    Quentin

What is your definition of a friend?

I believe you have one or two friends through out a lifetime. All others are just people you know. A friend knows your strengths...your weakness'...they may rattle your cage...make you the butt of a joke. They will never exploit you. Sometimes a friend can be a soulmate (in my opinion these are rare) man or woman makes no difference. Do you have a friend?

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

I got one of two of those..it is awesome.

Also a Friend is one you can call in the middle of the night, they are their in a heartbeat, and never have asked you why they were needed.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

as Muhamed Ali said A friend is somebody who will die for you, anybody else is an aquaintance. So by his definition I do not have that many

• RescueMe2
    RescueMe2

I was fooled into believing that I had a true friend once. One person I would have trusted with my life, with my children's lives. Tough lesson to learn that I was so very wrong about that. I got used but hard, and the worst was I never once saw it coming. I was blind to it until the very end. Very painful and eye-opening experience to be sure.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

I have some true friends. IMO, a friend is someone to whom you can say any damned fool thing and still enjoy the companionship. A friend is your friend whether you like what they say, do, or feel or not. A friend is someone for whom your concern and love is unconditional.

Only two of my friends are JWs, including my wife. I have many friends who are not JWs.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    (((RescueMe2))): I was fooled into believing that I had a true friend once.

You are far from alone. Grab hold of the life raft, we'll make room.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• Dustin
    Dustin

I have very few friends. I know so many people, yet I trust only 2 to 3 with how I really feel about things. I learned not to let people become too close though. I always want to have a little sense of mystery about me. I don't even let my best friend my wife, all the way into what makes me tick. People try to make you into a cookie cutter image of what they think you are otherwise. It's good to have a couple close friends, but I'll never let anyone get that close.

• vitty
    vitty

I thought I had friends, but they turned out to be just aquantances. Now I count my true friends as my non Jw sisters and my husband.

And im happy with that

• benito
    benito

I think a friend loves you unconditionally, no matter what your problem or situation is. That´s why I believe it's impossible for a JWs makes a true friendship with anyone; they lack of something essential to have normal relationships: compassion.

• under74
    under74

I have a couple true friends. They're like family. You don't always get along and there may even be short periods where you aren't in contact. But when you do make contact it's like no time has passed. They'd do anything for me and I'd do the same for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit