The risks of killing a delusion...

by OldSoul 17 Replies latest jw friends

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

I present this as a complement to CYPs thread: How to implode your local congregation

There are risks associated with abrupt elimination of delusions. Often such delusion stripping results in extended periods of depression, with all the accompanying possibilities including suicide. If CYPs plan were to be employed, it would be more like a deflation than an implosion. That is probably one of the best methods I have ever heard suggested so far.

I wonder, has anyone considered creating a Web based service for collection of contact information for Jehovah's Witness Bible students? It seems that if the reinstatement rate declines at the same time the numbers of new students baptized drops like a stone there would be little evidence of spirit-direction left.

Who would provide such contact information? Concerned family members, friends, fellow church members, and anyone else who wanted to help someone they care about avoid Jehovah's Witnesses. The concerned party could choose from two options: (1) we could send them the information electronically and help them learn to reason against the JW illogic, or (2) they could submit contact information we could use to contact their loved one with enough truth about the truth to keep their conductor tied up for weeks.

The electronic information option could be automatically sent anonymously to anyone who provided an email address and verified ownership of the address by a clickable reciept. This way we could not be liable as spammers.

Well? Thoughts? I have some logistical ideas as well, but I'd like to hear what you folks think. Again, this isn't about wholesale destruction, it is about deflating the organization. We know that many every year leave.

If there aren't new ones coming in to replace them ... I could definitely build the secure sites for this to work, using ColdFusion MX. All I would need is 5 MB or less of ColdFusion server space that has a SQL database exposed to the backbone. I can administer the databases and build secure login utilities for the information stores. I have no idea how much bandwidth this would consume, but if we signed on churches to get the word out ... this thing could get pretty big, pretty fast.

AlanF, any thoughts? CYP? M.J.? Anyone with Web hosting contacts on board that has been personally damaged by this cult and would like to take it down a notch ... i.e. one notch at a time?

It isn't demolition, it is deconstruction. Undoing what has been done. One brick, one rivet at a time.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• kls
    kls
    If there aren't new ones coming in to replace them ... I could definitely build the secure sites for this to work, using ColdFusion MX. All I would need is 5 MB or less of ColdFusion server space that has a SQL database exposed to the backbone. I can administer the databases and build secure login utilities for the information stores. I have no idea how much bandwidth this would consume, but if we signed on churches to get the word out ... this thing could get pretty big, pretty fast.

Things were going along pretty well til i read this partlol

This would be a wonderful idea to help others learn and take it slow to help them with depression and the fallout that so many have

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

kls,

Things were going along pretty well til i read this part

Please explain. PM me?

• kls
    kls

OS ,you have a pm

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

kls, tag, you're it.

• kls
    kls

OS , you cheated

• FMZ
    FMZ

OS, I have some webspace available mate... I'll check if it supports CF

FMZ

• FMZ
    FMZ

I don't see anything that specifically mentions CF (never used it before), but it is on Bluehost and they are very flexible. I also have 4 MySQL databases available.

If you are on Yahoo at all IM me: kj_guitarzan

FMZ

• M.J.
    M.J.

That's an interesting thought. It kind of sounds like a targeted mailing list that advertisers/spammers use and sell. Not sure if people would want to submit their spouse's or family members' personal information to be stored on some database. I do know that Macgregor ministries offers a information to be anonymously mailed to a JW at your request, personally addressed to them. It might be good to consult with them on how this has worked out, possibly expanding on what they're doing already...

Here is their online form for this: http://www.macgregorministries.org/do_you_know.html

Do You know someone in a Cult?

One of the best ways we have found over the years to reach people involved with a cult group is to put literature WRITTEN ESPECIALLY for them into their hands. This needs to be done personally, privately, and anonymously.

If you will send us the names of anyone you know involved with a cult group, we will do our part by sending the proper material to them.

No mention will ever be made of where we got their name.

Please fill out the form below. If you wish you may copy the following form and paste in to an EMAIL letter to us.

The names listed below are people who are involved in a cult group.

Please send them tracts to help set them free. I have enclosed $2 per name to help with costs, for tracts. If you prefer, we have also a $5. book mailout available for each group. Or, send both tracts and book for $7.00

Info available for Jehovah Witnesse's, Mormons, (LDS), Seventh -day Adventists, Word Faith, unsaved ones, and many other groups.

Be sure and indicate which group. Thanks.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

It is legal to have an email go out to with a link to confirm whether the recipient wants to receive information prior to sending out electronic information. There were two options in my idea one was for electronic information to be sent to the concerned party, not the JW bible student. The way it would work is, the concerned party would submit their email, on a form with a notice that will tell them they will have to confirm their email in order to receive the information package.

Once they receive the confirmation email and click in the email to accept the information, their acceptance would provide all the needed legal basis for sending the information to that email address without fear of legal repercussions.

The other method was for the concerned party to submit contact info for the JW bible student for a letter/personal visit to be arranged with a former JW trying to raise their awareness.

It isn't really about getting those who are in out, as much as it is trying to prevent those on their way in from making a huge life-wasting mistake.

To understand why this would very effectively deflate the bOrg, you would almost have to be a JW. Eliminate the growth and there is no proof of spirit-direction any more.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit