Jesus is Jehovah!!!!

by hibiscusfire 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts
    It has often been wondered why the biblical God of the Hebrews led them through trials and tribulations, floods and disaster when, from time to time, he appears to have performed with a quite contrary and merciful personality. The answer is that, although now seemingly embraced as the One God by the Jewish and Christian faiths, there was originally a distinct difference between the figures of Jehovah and the Lord. They were, in fact, quite separate deities. The god referred to as Jehovah was traditionally a storm god - a god of wrath and vengeance - whereas the god referred to as the Lord, was a god of fertility and wisdom

from a lecture by Laurence Gardner.

I have been reading his stuff lately and some of it is pretty interesting

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

here's a catch.......I wrote it up on a different thread...I think....it's following the same question.

it is true that we are jehovah's witnesses......according to Isaiah 43:10......but again Jehovah God was speaking to Isaiah.

Yet in Acts we see that we are to be Jesus' witnesses......"But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria and to the ends of the earth."(ACTS 1:8)

So basically the witnesses speaking in Isaiah were the jews. And now since we were to be the gentiles we are witnesses of Jesus.

And here's a sobering thought....if we are to be Jehovah Witnesses, that would mean we believe that Jehovah is the incarnate Christ. and that's no double talk..just straight up.

• Pole
    Pole

The Governing Body is Jehovah. Whenever necessary.

Pole

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Former 3rd generation JW I am now a mild moderate born again Christian.I declare such in the countless forums i post in.

The first thing dubs do is latch on to my convictions and wanna talk Trinity.

Remember,this is their classic dub speak red herring to divert from the core issue that the: Watchtower came into existence to declare Christ second coming in 1914.

Danny Haszard trinity thread fun read http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/90760/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit