What if either Adam or Eve had remained perfect?

by Sith 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Sith
    Sith

Thanks Blondie. I really appreciate your research. I figured that was the WTS stand on the issue. So the WTBTS, and ol' Joe Hoba Himself, consider women to be insignificant, interchangable and of no consequence. Man is the end-all. I wonder how the "sisters" feel about their God's attitude towards them? Of course, those brain-dead ewes accept it without question. Thank God (if He exists) for women, like those on this board, who don't

• jgnat
    jgnat

Besides, if Eve had remained perfect and only Adam had sinned, Adam would never have heard the end of it.

• blondie
    blondie

Sith, remember that my answer doesn't rule out Eve being the faithful one and Adam dying and Eve getting a new husband. Also, it doesn't rule out perfect Eve being able to have perfect children with an imperfect Adam.

I know/knew many JW men who acknowledged and valued their intelligent wives. But the WTS policy tied their hands. I know some who had no problems with sisters handling mikes but the CO stomped on their idea. I know brothers who had qualified women audit the congregation books (and handle the accounts) after having to straighten out the messes of the brothers.

I try not to confuse the organization with the individuals.

Love, Blondie

• Sith
    Sith

So it seems that Eve was expendable. Satan's question to God about His fitness to rule only applied to Adam. The woman sinned, get rid of her, make a new one. This could have gone on indefinitely, woman after woman, until one was created that remained faithful. And a perfect Eve couldn't have perfect children with an imperfect Adam, as perfection/imperfection is passed down by the father, correct?

• blondie
    blondie

Nope, sin is passed down through both men and women. If you look up a my post above, Sith, notice what the WTS says:

w94 11/1 p. 6 Human Suffering?Why Does God Permit It? ***

Their descendants, who were conceived after Adam and Eve had sinned, inherited sin and death from their imperfect parents.?Romans 5:14.
  • Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Well, this is an interesting conundrum.

Let's expand on this a tad further... using the 'jw-logic'...

We need to assume that Eve is the 'sinner', and Adam remains 'faithful'. *rolls eyes*

In the Genesis account - they were both tossed out of the 'garden' - part of the reason was so that they could not get access to the 'tree of life'.

So... if Adam remained faithful... would only Eve be tossed out? How would Adam and Eve get together to procreate? Conjugal (sp?) visits?

To toss both out - would mean that Adam was also being 'punished' - as he would not be allowed to stay in 'paradise'.

If Adam were allowed to remain in 'paradise', it would also mean that he would still have 'access' to the 'tree of life'...

He could sneak fruit to Eve - to get her back in - so to speak.

Let's face it. It's just a fairy tale.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Sith
    Sith

I know it's a fairy tale, but I would like to understand WTBTS reasoning on this. I don't get the logic (as if JW dogma is logical). If sin is passed down through women as well as men, how could Jesus be born without sin?

• joelbear
    joelbear

this also presupposes that there was no other human like creation in the universe until 6030 years ago.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Hey, Adam could've ditched Eve and took on a nice wooly sheep to keep his wiener warm and happy!

• Sith
    Sith

I think Adam made the same choice that any man would make. According to a recent thread, the WTBTS claims that Adam was on his own for 30 years before the creation of Eve. He went 30 years with no nookie. Then he got him some. Eve sinned and faced death. Adam faced a possible 30 more years without nookie, until Ol' Joe got around to getting him some more. Death, or 30 years without? Adam chose wisely

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit