Looking for old mates... UK

by PaulJ 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Anyone from the Cambridgeshire Congregations of St Ives, St Neots or Huntingdon? Or any Rotherham congregations?

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Welcome to the board, I truly hope you find what you are looking for however, people sometimes are reluctant to pass on any semblence of their personal details or whereabouts to someone so new on the board and to the world at large through a post, hence the reason for the lack of response so far.

My suggestion is to post on here a bit and you might find some new or even old acquaintances/friends on the off chance, this way it is more secure for everyone.

See you round matey

DB74

• rick1199
    rick1199

Hi, I am from Witham in Essex so we may have been to Norwich a few times together

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Hi Rick, yes we probably have! I live in Ipswich now, so its still not far away. I once thought about going to one of the assemblies there, but remembered Id know most of the people there, so maybe not!

Diamondblue, thanks for the advice, I hadnt thought of it like that, but I can see where you are coming from. Ive posted elsewhere and feel like ive said a bit too much about me already anyway!!!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Paul

The danger of giving too much away is more perceived than real so I wouldnt worry too much about it; people do tend to think that their experiences give too much away about themselves personally whereas when you have been on the forum a while you realise that everyones experiences are pretty similar anyway.

Relax, kick back and enjoy.

DB74

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Hi PaulJ!

Welcome to the board

I've never been in the congs you mentioned. I've been in Leeds & Harrogate congs but my local assemblies were at the East Pennines assembly hall at Hellaby near Rotherham. Don't know if you ever went there maybe?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hello Paul and Welcome!!, always good to see new Brits on this board .

I am not from your area, however. I am in the Midlands having spent most of my time down South. the nearest I came to you was an excruciatingly hot afternoon at a

Norwich assembly sometime in the '80's

Keep posting

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Norwich always seemed to be a hot assembly when i went. i DID go to the Dudley Circuit Assembly once, around 1990. You wouldnt believe how chuffed i am there are a few other brits on here!!!

• Angharad
    Angharad

Hi Paul

Welcome to the forum

Here is a map of where alot of posters are in the UK, not everyone is on it though.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/28455/1.ashx

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I lived near Nottingham for most of the 80's, and was on the East Anglian Quick Build team from the start, through to 1990.
    Went to Dudley and Hellaby Circuit assemblies. Went to Norwich in '88 and '89, I think, other than that it would normally be Nottingham / Derby / Leeds / Sheffield.

Ross.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit