diss-ass myself 2 years ago... new to this site

by PaulJ 25 Replies latest jw friends

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Paul,

May I suggest you research the truth about the truth, you will be fascinated at what you uncover. Why else is the censorship so severe?

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Thanks for all your replies. Maybe I will read up on things, but Ive read so much and studied so much in my life Im not as keen to start looking for the 'truth' again just yet. But I am curious.

You must remember tho, that, since i was little even, the idea of looking at religious literature other than that from the WBTS has been drilled into me as wrong, so at the moment it still FEELS wrong to pursue it. But Im sure I will in the future.

Its so good to feel such a familiarity with ppl on here. IN the 'truth' you get the impression that all DFd ones have major issues, likely to launch into an 'apostate tirade' at any given moment. Im pleased this isnt true.

One question I have tho, if what I am doing is right, by having left the witnesses, is there anything I do need to do to please Jehovah? Since leaving I really havent changed much at all. I have no desire to smoke, take drugs or get tattoo's, neither do i want to kill, steal or envy my neighbours car!!!

I guess I have always tried to hold the belief that the important relationship is between me and Jehovah, not me and the elders!

Advice would be appreciated, and thanks for being patient with me!!!

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I was away from the JW's for almost 13 years. I left because I never wanted the lifestyle either. I also started finding out that it wasn't my kind of spirituality either. However, I was loathe to look at anything remotely religious since having such a rigorous upbringing I wanted nothing to do with any religion of any sort.

You have left, yet in your heart you haven't wanted to run out and take drugs, or steal cars? This is called a normal moral character. Just like your neighbor, just like most on this board. You are filled with many awesome things inside of you.... just don't feel bad anymore because of what you have been "taught".

I started lurking here after a blow up with my parents over the JW religion thing late last year. I told them why JW's were not for me. I haven't been to a single meeting in those 12+ years I've been away. Some of the arguments they brought up were absolutely insane. However, in bringing such points up I decided to research them and find out if they were true or false. That led me here. What I have found on this site and other sites recommended astouded me. I didn't think the Dub's were for me, but I learned just how much we as Dub's were FLAT OUT lied to.

I discovered that where the witnesses use 607 BC to prove their 1914 theory all contemporary secular history place the date of Jerusalem's fall at 536/537 BC. The whole 1914 "math" never made sense to me and I have 12 years of college education.

Since being gone in most of the 90's and 00's I found out that WTBS was a non governmental organization in support of the United Nations for 10 years. You can go to www.un.org and type in "watchtower" and read for yourself.

So what I'm saying is WELCOME. We know how you feel. WHen you feel betrayed and beat down we are here for you. Take your time to do some research on "the truth"....because Jesus commanded us to "examine all things in the light of God". No hurry you have plenty of time :)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the board Paul.

I hope you find many friends and support here as I have.

Enjoy your stay

Chris

• Es
    Es

welcome :) es

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

paul...i too am in transition and feel many of the things you do

pm me if you wanna discuss this

glad you found happiness after all you went through

Share this

Google+