Circuit Overseer visit ---- Why do we have to change the meeting schedule??

by catchthis 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fairchild
    fairchild

Same here, it always annoyed me. When the CO visited, our Thursday meeting would be on Tuesday, and our Tuesday bookstudy would be abbreviated and at the KH on Thursday, for the whole congragation.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Because circuit overseers are closer to God than regular people.

GBL

• minimus
    minimus

The CO's visit is designed to spur on the troops. They change meetings to start the GUILT PROCESS early.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Amazing how the R&F gets into such a panic and put on such a show when one of the "Grand Poo-bahs" of thier little club is coming to town.

Matt 6:1

"Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven.

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

MJ....Grand PooBah.... Funny!

My husband's schedule always gets messed up when the CO comes to town also. Monday night's meeting is Thursday, Thursday night's meeting is Tuesday (I think). Oh, the hullabaloo....

Worldly Wife

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Because it will prove who simply went to meetings because it was conveient. Those that couldn't or wouldn't change their schedule were spiritually weak. "Do we appreciate the spiritual food at the proper time?"

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Maybe I'm being cynical (after all, it would make sense for the visit to coincide with the regular, already established, meeting times), but maybe it's all about psychology - Conformity and Obedience.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Yeah they do that, but for faders it works to their advantage. That's a couple of meetings you don't go to because you can assume that everyone else assumes you have something on Mondays you couldn't get out of, like classes or something. I always used that excuse. It's not really important anymore, I rarely go to meetings during the week, definitely not the MS/SM. Sometimes, rarely, the bookstudy, but not too often.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I believe the society would like every cong. to be uniform with their meeting nights - if possible. The CO schedule reinforces that. Since many cong. share a KH they can't be uniform, but to enforce that it is preferable to have Tues; Thurs meetings the CO makes everyone switch around during his visits.

OK sheep, conform and publicly demonstrate to all the other 'fellow workers' that you are obedient when the WTS speaks for God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit