Stupid Analogies/Illustrations/examples you hear dubs say over and over

by doodle-v 57 Replies latest jw friends

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

What are some stupid analogies that you here dubs use all the time to explain their faulty, destructing teachings? Or maybe ones you've used in the past that when you think about them now, make you cringe?

Here are a few that come to mind:

Blood Transfustions: "The bible says Abstain from Blood, if the bible said Abstain from alchohol, would you shoot alchohol into your veins?"

Evolution: If you were walking in the middle of a nowhere, and you suddenly saw a huge beautiful house, you wouldnt think it just got there by chance would you?"

Brain Washing: Well our brains could use a little washing!!

-Doodle-V

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

Holidays: We don't need holidays, because we give and get presents all year round!

-Doodle-V

• blondie
    blondie

Train controller letting son be run over by train rather than letting train full of people die.

Train controller = God

Son = Jesus

Train full of people = humankind

Five meetings = five fingers = which one would you like to lose

• Jahna
    Jahna

The dent in the bread pan one. You know where Adam and Eve are the dented bread pan and now we all are dented.

That one lead me to find a witness in the most bizarre of places online. And I wasn?t even using it in the JW context!

Jahna

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Five meetings = 5 stepping stones to cross a river. If you skip one you might fall in to the worldy river. You might have avoided that bad thing that happened if you were at the meeting.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

How timely our spiritual food is provided by the FDS..yakyakyak

or my mom's favorite saying...Jehovah always knows what we need! We don't know what's good for us. We may think we do, but we don't. I'm so grateful for the FDS. They're such kind loving brothers!!! gotta luv those hardcore jdub moms

luv, kitty

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    if the bible said Abstain from alchohol, would you shoot alchohol into your veins?

Yes, I still would. LOL

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    If you were walking in the middle of a nowhere, and you suddenly saw a huge beautiful house, you wouldnt think it just got there by chance would you?

I hated this one! But I never really realized how lame it was until I tried using it on this girl in my high school Biology class. I said it and she was like: "Uh...but a house isn't ALIVE." I was speechless. lol

• doodle-v
    doodle-v
    Yes, I still would. LOL

*Prepares syringe*

Bend over!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Train controller letting son be run over by train rather than letting train full of people die.

I remember a CO using this illustration. He actually delivered it quite effectively. It was the only memorial talk I remember anything about, and it was probably 15 years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit