The more the Governing Body warnsabout the dangers of the Internet the wors

by frankiespeakin 17 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The more the Governing Body warns about the dangers of the Internet the worse it gets. I think they are going to keep going in the direction of more and more warnings until everybody in JWsville sees the light. a kind of Criticlemass or over saturation of warnings.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I agree.

Devon

• El blanko
    El blanko

Don't be so sure... I have a JW wanna-be friend (well, friend when he chooses to grant me pardon) and he bangs on about the internet and how evil it is.

This guy is trying to get back to the hall after having been slung out over 2 years ago and pretty much toes the party line as far as anti internet rhetoric is concerned.

Pathetic really and exhausting trying to explain that the internet is simply a collection of thoughts expressed through a different form of media.

The hypocrisy being - I am asked by this particular person to order stuff and research stuff on a semi-regular basis using the internet.

The only time the internet comes under attack is obvious - when it does not agree with the WTBTS, it then becomes a demonic resource.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

El,

I see where you are comming from but, I disagree,,, I think they are fast approaching critical mass people like COs and DOs are not that stupid and niether are the people in legal, writing. they all know what the Governing Body are up to,, they are not dumb,,it is the Governing Body who is dumb because they actually think they have fooled these people and they are misunderstanding the smiling faces that greet them at bethel. What's that song about smiling faces say?? They all tell lies??

• moanzy
    moanzy

I think they are going to have the most trouble trying to convince the young about the internet evils.

Young people are more adventurous and want to find out for themselves what is so evil about it. These are the next generation JW and it is going to be difficult to keep the growth of the Org up when they all leave because they checked out what the Society warned them not to do.

People like my parents age that can barely turn a computer on let alone surf the net are an easier target for the Society to keep their grips on.

Moanzy

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Moan,

I agree, the only thing they can offer the young is more indoctrination and increase loss of fun in life. The internet connects them to thes rest of the world and out of the cluches of the WT. Without any new young coverts the GB are doomed,,they are doing everything they can to get the young ones under thier control by having them get baptized real young so they can hold the threat of DF'n over thier heads. Telling parent to indoctrinate thier kids more is out right shameful and shows you how desparate the GB are. The ship is sinking guys when you going to bail out.

• Dustin
    Dustin

Moanzy, I agree with you. The governing body will be able to keep the older generation under their thumbs, because they are so brainwashed into believing everything the GB says.

Eventually, the organizations numbers will begin to see a significant shrink due to the internet. However it's probably a little ways off yet. Once the really old school guys start dying off you will start to see the numbers plummet. Word is spreading about the freakiness of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

One has to remember all the pedofile broadcasts like Panarama and Dateline and all the media around the world showing the WT to blame by its policies and actual practice. I bet many JWs are thinking twice about the WT after that onslaught of negative media attention. The effects are rippling outward and many JWs are extremely suspicious of all the cover ups of the governing body, and all these constant warnings about evil appostate lies on the "internet" these things have made many curious as to what exactly are these appostate lies and so they are investigating by means of the internet what is all this concern the Governing Body are worried about,, and why that they can't be specific.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Yeah, if I was an unbaptized kid, I would have checked it out on the internet, ESPECIALLY if they were always saying not to do that, and then I would never have gotten baptized! How great would that have been?

Every chance I get, I like to irritate my JW family by saying I researched something on the internet, not JW stuff or religion, just other stuff. It's pretty easy to figure out the internet is a very valuable resource in so many ways, and when people know that, it's an easy next step to begin looking at what's being said about the JW religion. Someone told me they thought Witnesses were a cult, so what did I do? I looked at the internet to see what it said about cults, how it defined them. It was only a matter of time before I went all the way and stopped being afraid to read "apostate" sites. We already see so many witnesses on the internet, apologists, etc., there's obviously so many of them thinking they are stronger than the society gives them credit for and can handle it without falling away. I just hope something one of these has read comes back to them and starts making some sense!

• sf
    sf
    The internet connects them to thes rest of the world and out of the cluches of the WT.

As is seen on a DAILY BASIS in the YAHOO JW/ EXJW/ MOSTLY APOSTATE CHATROOM.

The way they rationalize their daily association in this "satanic abyss" with mostly apostates is that the WT has not come out YET and forbidden it outright. Until then, they will keep logging in and associating and stumbling themselves willfully. No matter how many suggestions. And the toll of associating there daily has really taken it's toll on quite a few of them. But they keep coming back, knowing what they are associating with.

The only way to keep them off the net is to find a scripture that proves, without a doubt that Jehovah has now given new light and that you must disconnect your internet server and limit all activity.

Ha!! I can see it now. Total revolt. Can you see it too Ted? How will you stop them from associating and googling with apostates like me? How about you challenge yourself and try! lolololololol { evil, nasty apostate laugh }

sKally, when all else fails...GOOGLE!! Klass

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit