More Internet users = Fewer WTS members?

by doinmypart 8 Replies latest jw friends

• doinmypart
    doinmypart
    1 Billion Internet users expected in 2005...in the next five years many Internet users will be supplementing PC Internet usage with Smartphone and mobile device Internet usage...growth of Internet users will continue in the developing countries for another decade. -- (http://www.c-i-a.com/pr0904.htm)

The WTS is scared and doesn't have a clue how to prevent current members from getting the real truth online. And more prospective members will continue to go online to research the group before getting involved. Good news for us, bad news for the WTS!

The top 15 countries in internet usage below correlates with countries experiencing decreases/zero growth.

Top 15 Countries in Internet Usage
    Year-end 2004:Internet Users (#K)Share %
    1. U.S.185,55019.86
    2. China99,80010.68
    3. Japan78,0508.35
    4. Germany41,8804.48
    5. India36,9703.96
    6. UK33,1103.54
    7. South Korea31,6703.39
    8. Italy25,5302.73
    9. France25,4702.73
    10. Brazil22,3202.39
    11. Russia21,2302.27
    12. Canada20,4502.19
    13. Mexico13,8801.49
    14. Spain13,4401.44
    15. Australia13,0101.39
    Top 15 Countries662,36070.88
    Worldwide Total934,480100
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

OMG the Governing Body must be sh!tting in thier pants over this!

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Yes, frankiespeakin, I'm sure they are.

If they were proactive (or even reactive in a positive way) they would've done something besides continue to demonize the Internet/apostate web pages.

They're too haughty to make changes, and in the end they hurt their own precious organization more than any apostate.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Anyone got access to the annual report? It would be interesting to add the % increase/decrease as a column to the table.

• skyman
    skyman

The internet is the main reason I left. The temptation to answer those burning questions I had won out so here I am today.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

I want to start advertising web sites.

A big billboard outside the local kingdom hall.

Maybe some flyers at the local, "service meeting" hang out coffee shop.

• Reddrum
    Reddrum

One time I brought up to an active witness that I knew about what I was finding in the Internet (the negative stuff withing the Watchtower organization), and his response was that the Internet was evil, then I told him that The Watchtower was also in the Internet, and he remained silent. I also mentioned to him that while attending the meetings I had learned that it was a good idea to investigate one's own religion, and I indicated that that was exactly what I was doing.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Good for you Reddrum!!!! You make a lot of sense.

• DHL
    DHL

You can only be scared about something you don't know. But more and more people have to use computers and the internet while working. It becomes of natural use to them. And suddenly it isn't just a big step anymore to not google job related subjects but for example "Jehovahs witnesses"...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit