KH Parking Spaces....

by Will Power 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Will Power
    Will Power

Are they assigned?
    or
    are they in any way related to status?
    &
    if you usually park in the same space every meeting, then one day you arrive to find someone else there......
    would you get pissed off?

just something I noticed about certain cars & where they park, week after week,....

wp

• blondie
    blondie

Some KHs have clearly labeled disabled spots with official signs. Thus only people with disabled plates or tags can park there. KHs that have not done that can set aside spots for the elderly that are nearer the door and make an announcement at the service meeting from time to time. Other than that, officially, it is first come first served. But remember how some JWs takeover certain seats in the KH or certain areas and can move your books if you the visitor make a mistake and sit in their area.

I saw this happen when the CO and his wife visited one congregation and made the mistake of sitting in one couple's pew.

Blondie

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes depends on the congregation and in fairness to JWs they are usually good about elders not having the best car -parking spots. In fact most (I know I did) make it a point to park my car well away from the door of the hall unless I was transporting a disabled sister

Seats/chairs - are like blondies points out a different matter - usually a long serving couple or group of sisters like their regular chair

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Parking was never a problem in our KH - the elderly parked up front as a courtesy which I thought was nice...about the only good thing that happened in our congregation...they did think of the older folks.

• Will Power
    Will Power

interesting....I just wondered if it was like having to SIT in the back rows.....

wp

• Charisma
    Charisma

we were told not to sit in the back row. It was to be saved for latecomers or some with young children so there were less distractions.

I never knew there to be special parking except for handicapped

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

no assigned parking according to status, first come first served is the way i have always seen it.

bethel lights, bright new york nights

• Krystal
    Krystal

I say it depend on the cong...

In my old cong there was about 5 spots that were much closer to the door... sort of looked like private parking... the elders always parked there... it was an unwritten rule. No one said anything, just everyone knew.

I sat in the same seat at the KH for years... it had my butt print in it!

• freedom96
    freedom96

Funny, I remember going to the meeting and knowing if someone was there or not, by noticing if their car was in "their" spot. It seemed that everyone parked in the same spot and sat in the same spot every meeting. Creatures of habit, I suppose.

• rick1199
    rick1199

At our hall we had parking for about 10 cars with in the grounds, then a car park at the end of the drive. The spaces in the grounds where for any one with elderly people in the cars, all the elders parked there as they where all older.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit