DF unbaptized ones

by juni 11 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

Sorry about format. I'll try again to make it easier to read. Does anyone remember the practice used in the 80's of DF unbaptized ones if they were unrepentent wrong doers? I had heard that the practice was stopped because of a lawsuit on the part of a woman in NY who experienced this. Of course, they put the spin on it that it was a scriptural change and we studied it in a WT lesson.

I appreciate help with my question.

Juni

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I had a friend in '86 who was DA'd because of imorality and spiritism (smoking). She was not baptized. I remember that I couldnt talk to her. I asked my dad (as I was young) if it would be ok to pray for her. She was treated like a DF'd person.

Now they are just no longer UB publishers, and you treat them like a worldly person. I was unaware the reason for this change other than the 'scriptural' reason given.

f$ckin B1st1rds

Yes Jun, it was common because 'gross sinning unbaptised ones' were done this way.

f$ckin B1st1rds

• kls
    kls

Juni ,i can't remember anythink like that but i am sure others will be able to answer.

• ivy
    ivy

Juni, It happened to me. I'm afraid that my memory is a bit fuzzy, either because I have tried to block it out, or because I had so many other things going on, what with being pregnant and all.
    I was 17 years old, and it was either 1988 or early 1989. I don't know anything about a lawsuit though. All I really know is that friends of mine were so excited because they read in a magazine that they were allowed to speak to me again, although with caution.
    The topic was discussed during a meeting, and later during announcements the elder said "The matter involving {insert name here} has been dealt with" or something to that effect.
    I'm not sure if that helps at all.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Yep, exactly what Ivy said, thats the true hizzle (sorry snoop's on launch ) Thats exactly what happened to my friend.

Ivy, you not that person are you? You're the right age? No? damn, guess not.

• avishai
    avishai

Yep, i remember it.

• blondie
    blondie

It used to be called unofficially, disassociation. Of course, that word means something different now. Unapproved associates is the official term. If someone had been given permission to go door to door and had been announced as an approved associate and then commited a sin that a baptized person could be DF'd for, the same judicial process would be followed; they would be announced as an unapproved associate and people would treat them the same as a DF'd baptized person.

Due to legal reasons, they had to stop this. After all, if you don't marry someone, can you divorce them? Duh.

I wonder though if those cast out under those circumstances could then be talked to?

Blondie

km 10/75 p. 8 Question Box ***

?

What action should the congregation take with regard to unbaptized associates who fall into serious wrongdoing?

The Organization book, page 174, shows that unbaptized wrongdoers who have been regularly associating with the congregation maybe disciplined in a way similar to the way baptized wrongdoers are handled. Some have asked, What is meant by "regularly associating"?

These are not newly associated persons who are studying and who still have their worldly ways. Rather, the persons referred to as "regularly associating" are those who have made some progress in the way of truth and who have been attending meetings regularly over a period of time. Usually they have been sharing in field service, are enrolled in the School, and have come to be regarded by others as being Jehovah?s witnesses.

If such an unbaptized associate falls into serious wrongdoing, the elders should talk to him about what is said in the Organization book, pages 128, 129. If after that he is still unrepentant, in spite of repeated efforts of the elders to help him with his problem, then the congregation and its members must be protected from the danger of contamination, in harmony with Paul?s counsel at Galatians 5:9. Announcement should be made that his conduct is "unbecoming a Christian," and that for anyone to continue associating with him would not be in harmony with the counsel of 1 Corinthians 15:33. He will be denied the privilege of giving student talks, participating in demonstrations from the platform, etc. No field service reports would be accepted from such a person. In the event the elders later are satisfied that this person shows fruits of repentance, it would be proper to announce that the restrictions on him have been lifted. With the elders taking the initiative, the congregation can then continue giving loving aid with the view of helping the repentant one along the way to life.

There may be others, not yet "regularly associating," who are studying and starting to attend meetings, but who are still contaminated with worldly uncleanness. Of course, no action needs to be taken against these, but they should be encouraged to lake steps to clean up their lives. Only when they have done this should they be invited to accompany the publishers in the field service, share in presentations from the platform, etc. (See Organization book, pages 128, 129.) It is our hope that, as they study and apply God?s Word, they will be motivated to make the necessary changes to become acceptable to Jehovah.

• oldflame
    oldflame

They may not profess anything at their meetings any more but I can guarantee you that the JW members do indeed take it upon themselves to react and act just the same as one who was baptised, who leave or sin in the congregations. Do not be fooled by a few published words as they are known to lie to their followers anyway. Just look at their bible for instance it is packed full of lies. I was an unbaptised publisher and I just left. You all would not believe what took place afterwards against me. It was as evil as evil comes and pathetic.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

opps! i replied to the first post. they were "dissapproved associates", and the WTS abandoned tha practice after about 2-3 years. this was in the mid 1980"s. ihad family and friends who had this happened to them.

• Sparkplug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit