Governing Body claims title to Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls

by garybuss 57 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

Garybuss that list in very interesting tosay the least

• blondie
    blondie
    787 JASPER CONGREGATION OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, ALBERTA HINTON AB 2005-04-09

They could be disbanded congregations. I know this one was always in a nebulous status.

Or it could be 2 congregations merged.

• Scully
    Scully

The CRA website that lists the revoked charitable status of those congregations is updated regularly.

In order for a congregation to retain its charitable status in Canada, they must file an income tax return with Canada Revenue Agency (equivalent of IRS). Since congregations often do not have experienced people who know how to do accounts and file income tax returns on behalf of the congregation, they don't get filed on time, or at all. Thus the revocation of the charitable status. It's often just a matter of sending in the paperwork to rectify the situation.

Cheers, Scully

• blondie
    blondie

or it could be that the brothers don't send in the paperwork

What a concept.

The also don't keep the corporate officers up to date. One congregation found that one corporate officer was dead, one was DF'd, and the other had moved away. Woops.

Thanks Scully.

• Satanus
    Satanus
    787 JASPER CONGREGATION OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, ALBERTA HINTON AB 2005-04-09

They could be disbanded congregations. I know this one was always in a nebulous status.

Or it could be 2 congregations merged.

I had a close friend who lived there, first in jasper for many yrs, then hinton, the last i knew. Does anyone have any more info? I doubt he would talk to me now.

S

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

bttt

• sf
    sf

~bump, for the lurkers~

• hoser
    hoser

I am familiar with a lot of these congregations. They are all closed down

Share this

Google+