DO YOU BLOG?

by Terry 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

I just started doing this (Blogging) and it is not unlike writing a diary put into public view.

There a zillions of these things floating around out there. Many are extremely inventive, artistic, interesting and startling.

However, most are utterly inane!

Sturgeon's Law at work. (97% of everything is crap).

Do you blog? Or, does the JWD pretty much take all the steam out with none left for personal reflection?

A Blog is really just like a Discussion Board in some ways. Except it is self-generated.

Who here Blogs and what is your URL?

I just wrote my first blog last night at a late hour:

http://eye-muzik.blogspot.com/2005/05/who-cares-what-you-think.html

• Chia
    Chia

I have a blog on Myspace. You would probably think mine is inane too. But I don't write it for other people, I write it just to get thoughts off my chest. I kept a journal for about 5 years, from the time I was 14 until I was 19 or 20. It amazed me to see how much I had changed, but certain areas and issues stayed the same.

Blog url: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog&Mytoken=20050513092101

It took me 3 times to get that right!

• kittyeatzjdubs
  • bebu
    bebu

I have started blogging a little recently. Mostly to just put my random thoughts down somewhere; I don't care if no one ever reads them. I'm sure they are inane, no one needs to write and tell me that.

http://www.wouldn'tyouliketoknowmyblogsrealaddress.com/~bebu

I still prefer discussion boards; the format (particularly the format of this board) is more conducive to getting to know people. I like to get to interact with people and get to know them over various topics.

bebu

• luna2
    luna2

I had one ...actually still have it...on Live Journal. I switched it to friends-only view because I started to feel self-conscious about putting all my stuff out there for anybody to read and comment on. Then I stopped posting at all because it seemed like all I was doing was complaining all the time and that my friends, the only people now allowed to read, had no comments. Hrm, felt like a hint that I was more than a bit BORING. LOL I'm reevaluating the whole thing now.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    I have a blog on Myspace. You would probably think mine is inane too. But I don't write it for other people, I write it just to get thoughts off my chest.

And that is why it is hosted on the Internet where millions of people can view it.

'Blog's' are just another mass cultural phenomenon, like baseball caps, that allow people to feel that they are not just worthless maggots living a futile life, but are individuals with something important to add to to our lives. Not an ignoble goal, but one that is not realistic as most people are worthless maggots living a futile life and all that happens is that they produce worthless blogs crammed with futile thoughts.

I have read a handful of blogs that are interesting in a street journalistic sort of way, but the vast majority seem to me to be just verbal feces flowing down the vast sewers of time.

The fact is that the majority of people lead boring, ordinary lives. Nothing wrong with this, civilizations are in the long-term built on the ordinary, but nothing but depression can come from reading the dismally small thoughts of millions of 'everyman'.

Just my opinion of course....

HS

• Preston
    Preston

I'm starting a blog soon with some weekly movie reviews Terry if you'd be interested...

- Preston

• Terry
    Terry

I'm starting a blog soon with some weekly movie reviews Terry if you'd be interested...

- Preston

Sounds yummy, Chummy. Lemme know.

T.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I had one, which I used to keep up with friends all over the US. I used PROFANITY and referenced LUDE ACTS OF LOOSE CONDUCT which I had participated in. Thats one of the reasons I'm on reporoof. I would start another one, but its too much work, And I use a lot of my spare time here...

• love11
    love11

I used to have one, but after awhile I just lost interest. I guess I figured I didn't want to write a journal afterall. Not because it would be boring or bad, but because I don't want my day to day life being on display. And now I'm addicted to this forum and I just wouldn't have the time.

But I think that people just want to be heard and to hear other humans conversing. It's only natural to want to be around other people, are society is socially built. If someone were really isolated from all of humanity, that person would go insane.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit