I lost my good friend to disfellowshipping rules. I would like to reunite

by Cat-er-daynightfever 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• Cat-er-daynightfever
    Cat-er-daynightfever

I was baptized September 30, 1990. Just a few months afterward, I received a letter from a friend. She told me she had been disfellowshipped. Due to JW standards, I had to quickly end our friendship. I was trying to write to bring her to her senses and get her to save herself from impending destruction. In my ignorance, I just may have added insult to an already injured soul. I had been taught that to be loyal to God you had to reject what JW's considered that God rejected. She was coming to me begging for me to be a real friend and I let her down. That was a really big blow to hear that my best and only friend did not want to serve Jehovah (at least not in the way JWs strictly told her to). I always had a hole in my heart. I missed having a friend at all. I did not want to tell her goodbye. I did because I thought I was doing what was right. I now believe that I was wrong. All those years being a JW at heart never blessed me with real and true friends there. It was such a cruel joke to be around those who did not take my religion seriously, but looked down on me because I came from that poor, single parent family. I was even more greatly disillusioned by the men who could have cared less about real and deep principle. They looked down on me because I was molested and poor. Somehow, I was never good enough for anybody. I am truly, deeply sorry for hurting my friend so deeply. I wonder if she recognizes that I was only following procedure. I didn't want to have to tell her goodbye, but I felt compelled to do that which I was taught was right, no matter how wrong it felt. Now that I have been disfellowshipped, not that I haven't wondered how she had been getting along since then, I felt the need to try to seek her out and make peace with her.

Danielle [removed] are you out there? You used to go to Redbrook Congregation in Kansas City. Your mother and brother's names were Wanda and James, respectively. You went to go live with your father in Kansas, possibly Leavenworth or Excelsior Springs.

Is there anyone out there who knows who I am talking about who could tell me anything? I feel very bad about what happened. I need to tell her that I care, respect, and miss her. I was only doing what I was told to do by a militant Borg. I just want to know if she is okay and what she has done with her life. May God bless her and be there for her throughout her life.

Cat-er-daynightfever AKA: Royalena

I guess I am a black sheep, too!!!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

check your pm

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Hey caterday,

I have been keeping an eye out for you on the boards. I hope you find your friend and I hope you find your time here healing.

You got a good man who is going to help you through it. Tell him I said "hey".

CYP

• Cat-er-daynightfever
    Cat-er-daynightfever

I want to thank you for your posts. I did not know that I was not supposed to use full names. If there is anyone out there from the Kansas City Area who might be able to give me more info, please pm me.

Thanks Cat.

P.S. I tried to edit my thread but was not allowed to. I think the name of her congregation could have been Red Bridge. The congregation was located close to Blue Ridge Boulevard near the Wornall Rd area. She used to live with her mother in the late eighties in a townhouse off of Wornall Rd. Is there anyone out there who knows this area of KC?

• Alakzam
    Alakzam

Hey Cat,

I have been racking my brain to figure out who you are writting about. I went to the Raytown cong (which shared the same Kingdom Hall with Red Bridge) from 1980--1994. I left the "truth" in 1995, but my father still is semi-active. I will contact him and try picking his brain to see if he maybe remembers who this might be and if he knows something more helpful.

I hope you find the answers you are looking for. Don't be too hard on yourself. You were doing what you truly believed to be right at the time. Having done the same thing myself when I was younger, then experiencing it (shunning) myself first hand, I am sure she forgave you years ago.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Hello Pussy Cato

I haven't heard from you in quite a while and have been worried about you so I though to look in your post history and see that you are still up and going.

I am glad to see you are about in the forum I know you've been through hell and back, and I pray that you find tranquility in your life.

Please contact me.

Love Orangefatcat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit