We want workers not....

by CaptK 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• CaptK
    CaptK

I was at the meeting the other day and the PO made a coment saying " we want workers not seat sitters" We'll what did he mean by that. Is this another expression of do more more more and if the person next to you is not not then drop him or her ?

• TheListener
    TheListener

Yes. It's a way of saying don't just come to the hall and sit in a seat. Be active. Preach from door to door; study for and comment at each meeting; help others in the hall; etc etc.

They don't want anyone to slow down for even a minute because then they see what a rat race they've been in.

I've heard COs and DOs say for years that the organization is supposed to be uncomfortable. Meaning that you're supposed to be working hard. If you're not uncomfortable then you're not doing something right.

That seems to fit Jesus teachings perfectly, don't ya think?

• luna2
    luna2

Yep, sounds like more of the same ole, same ole. Keep everybody busy running around in circles so there's no time to get into "trouble" (think for themselves) and if you can't control them that way, the guilt about what slackers they are should effectively keep them in line.

I know of a sister (used to be a good friend of mine), who, since becoming a robot Pioneer, doesn't even have time to shower daily any more from what I've heard. Wouldn't say that's a particularly good "witness"...but, hey, what do I know?

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Imagine if someone called out "we want public speakers, not talk talkers"

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

And Pharaoh said "Let heavier work be laid upon the men that they may labor at it and pay no regard to lying words."

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

1 Kings Capter 12 tells the story of how the ten northen tribes seceded from the tribes of Judah and Benjamin because Solomons' son Rehoboam ignored the counsel of Solomon's advisers to lighten the burden on the people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit