your JW experience hides something deeper

by seesthesky 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Slimboy:

While my mother didn't exactly abandon me (not in a physical way) she did on an emotional level. So I wonder if he has something here.

I always thought I was searching for truth of some sort.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali
    "your continual struggle with your past life as a jw is in fact a cover for something else" - this struggle it seems is not unique but manifests itself in various way - i.e., people struggle deeply with various aspects of themselves on all sorts of matters - such matters include phobias, hatreds, obsessions and so on - and it seems that these struggles with the immediate represent something greater, perhaps something spiritual, something we rarely understand because we are essentially physical

Ok, so you can just call it struggling with yourself.

You might just look at it as finding a self that is authentic, and in that process there will be a struggle - especially if you've been heavily conditioned with a false persona. Now this doesn't mean the authentic self is something other than the aspects you identify or struggle with, actually the struggle just comes from polarizing to and identifying with one limited aspect of yourself, perhaps what we consider to be characteristics of a spiritual person, and then rejecting the rest.

So yeah, you can call the JW experience and any limited aspect of yourself a "cover" or whatever, but ultimately if you're going to know who you are you wouldn't ignore any part of yourself. So there is that basic underlying behavior of struggle that applies to a lot of different things, but then if you really want to do something different why not stop struggling? Yeah you might be conditioned to struggle, but just give it a pause and see what it's like.

Even if you get to a deeper and more authentic self, eventually you WILL have to address the JW stuff. It may be easier, basically instead of battling it you might see it in a larger context, but you have to go back to it because everything is included in this process if there is going to be an end of this self-struggle, if it's going to be integrated and whole. And frankly if the JW experience happens to be your issue anyway, why don't you just look at that? Sure you don't have to be absorbed with it like it's your whole universe, but at the same time if you want to dig deeper it helps to stay digging in one spot.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

In my case, and many others I know on this board,,,,,,,,our past is not hiding something deeper,,,,,,,,,,we already know what the problem is, a what deep problems they are,,,,,,,child abuse, child molestation, neglect etc. These things were so intertwined with being JW , sometimes you can not seperate the two. So I would say yeah,,,,,,,,,,,some of these things were a "violation of our souls".

• seesthesky
    seesthesky

doogie: "ah. i think i see what you're getting at. and it could likewise be said that individuals with a propensity for offering unsolicited, intimate counsel to strangers may very well be dealing with some deep, unrelated, emotional struggle as well. perhaps the counsel offered, while on the surface appearing to be directed towards an outside audience is actually a manifestation of the subconcious trying to work through these very same personal issues itself. no?

(edited because i can't spell for crap)"

well - i didn't give counsel - i only proffered speculation and asked for your opinions on it

• seesthesky
    seesthesky

funkyderek: "How peculiar. You seem to be applying that vague and unsupported statement to everybody here, when in reality all we have in common is that we were once associated with the Watchtower Society, or know someone who was/is, and that we have Internet access. What exactly are you saying and what are you basing it on? Or are you just trolling?"

i could have been clearer i see - my statement was intended as a hypothesis of sorts - a speculation about what's going on with the people who use this board - i am not married to the idea, though, but it does seem that human soul-struggle might have greater implications than we realize - my idea, however, might also merely demonstrate my inflated ego - i just sometimes get this sense that i am not seeing something very important - but here and there get glimpses of it - kind of like some of the characters in the "Matrix" -

• seesthesky
    seesthesky

fairmind: "Seethesky, you are dead right! My frustration and aggravation with the JW religion is simply a continued manifestation of my disgust for all things deceitful and hypocritical. By the way, are you a Watchtower writer, as you seem to have the style down pat?"

not a wt writer - what is the style of those writers?

• cypher50
    cypher50
    not a wt writer - what is the style of those writers?

You have never been a JW, have you? If not then how can you even come here and make a general statement like your original post? I understand what you are saying (some people use their prior past as a JW for a sympathy crutch) but to assume that all the people here are doing that is wrong on so many levels...

• seesthesky
    seesthesky

cypher 50: "You have never been a JW, have you? If not then how can you even come here and make a general statement like your original post? I understand what you are saying (some people use their prior past as a JW for a sympathy crutch) but to assume that all the people here are doing that is wrong on so many levels..."

why would u assume i have never been a jw? also, u do not understand what i am saying - my post has nothing to do with people here seeking sympathy - nothing whatsoever - my inquiry concerns a type of duality that i sometimes suspect exists - a duality where human conduct signifies something greater than what we can realize

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali
    my inquiry concerns a type of duality that i sometimes suspect exists - a duality where human conduct signifies something greater than what we can realize

But then to put things in context, that could be any kind of experience, JW or not, pleasant or not - right? Actually we can just say the human experience has something deeper behind it. I know you've made the point already but I think starting out by pointing to the JW experience in particular may give the wrong impression.

• seesthesky
    seesthesky

markfromcali: "But then to put things in context, that could be any kind of experience, JW or not, pleasant or not - right? Actually we can just say the human experience has something deeper behind it. I know you've made the point already but I think starting out by pointing to the JW experience in particular may give the wrong impression."

yes, you are right - many misunderstood the post most likely because i did not state my thoughts clearly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit