how do u do the pics??

by crazyblondeb 5 Replies latest jw friends

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I'm pretty computer illiterate. Plus my computer is possessed by my ex-husband! How do ya'll do the pics out to the side?

• love11
    love11

Hiya welcome- For your avatar picture, go into your profile and click in the box that says upload picture from your computer, then click browse. The picture you want to upload has to be in your computer, so that when you browse through the files and folders in your computer you can click on the picture you want and then just click ok. But you may have to resize the picture (like 100x100) to have it fit in the avatar space. That's how I did it.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Where do you find the pics? avantars?

• luna2
    luna2

Welcome!

You can find images online that you like, right click and save to your computer. You can take a picture yourself or use one you already have and scan it (if you have a scanner) or upload it (if you have a digital camera).

You'd need some sort of photo/graphics program to reduce the size to at least 100 x 100 pixels (1.389 x 1.389 inches) or smaller (not sure about what is recommended for the board these days...I saw something about 50 x 50, but that's so small it's hard to see). Then follow love11's directions above.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

crazy blonde...ive never had to cut my pics to size..just hit browse and ok-ed a photo from my documents...but they dont change immediately so if you been doing that and not seen pic appear then wait couple of days and it does

• ballistic
    ballistic

Well you need to make sure your computer has a flux capacitor and 66 gigawatts. When you eventually find a picture you want, you need to hit the following three keys together <ctrl> <alt> <del> and then press <enter> twice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit