Who is this 'Pistol-Packing Cutie' on the cover of the Watchtower?

by nicolaou 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Confession
    Confession

This is hilarious. For those of you caught off guard as I was, I'm pretty sure this is a joke. I highly doubt the Society would feature multiple photos of Clint Eastwood--or Joan Blondell--on it's cover. LOL!

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

Joan Blondell: They don't make 'em like that anymore!

• sf
    sf

Where exactly on www.watchtower.org site is this link located?

sKally

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

No, not www.watchtower.org but www.theWatchtower.org
    Follow the Members Pages link

Also: I cannot post anymore new topics today so could someone start a new thread to inform the board of a radio show going out in a couple of hours on Radio4 (UK) Tonights show is all about 'Jehovah's Witnesses and the blood transfusion issue'.

20:00 Inside the Ethics Committee1/3. Every day, life or death decisions are being made in hospitals all over the country by clinical ethics committees. In this series, Vivienne Parry is joined by a panel of experts including health professionals, religious leaders, philosophers and lawyers.

Each week, a new case is put in front of the ethics committee and they examine personal testimonies from patients, relatives and medical staff. As the panel gradually unravels the evidence, they test the moral foundation of how decisions are made in hospitals every day.

[Rptd Sat 10.15pm]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/whatson/prog_parse.cgi?FILENAME=20050511/20050511_2000_49700_25913_45

• Terry
    Terry

The person in the photo is JOAN BLONDELL.

http://homepage.mac.com/mhall600/jb.html

Terry

Edited to say: I should have read previous comments. Somebody beat me to it.

• sf
    sf

Ah. Thanks. Got it.

sKally

• sf
    sf

And yes, I've seen this site and have it boomarked yet have not been to it in quite awhile.

Looking over its contents again, I believe it is valuable site for lurkers and seekers. I'm going to add it to my yahoo profile now.

It's a great informative site.

sKally

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Now THAT is special!

• Jodo
    Jodo

nicolau,

Thanks for the heads up on the Radio 4 prog. tonight. I will post a new topic for it as it doesn't seem to have been done.

• greven
    greven
    hoe lang houden zij het schieten op "nieuw wachttorenlicht" nog vol?

This means in english:

How long will they keep the shooting (or guessing) at new watchtower light up? The 'shooting' part can mean real shooting with say guns, but can also mean guessing. A possible english equivalent for the saying could be: 'a wild stab in the dark'.

'Hoe' simply means 'how' not 'ho' as in hooker. LOL

Greven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit