Special Local Needs Part -- Re: Dateline

by NotBlind 2 Replies latest jw friends

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

By means of a phone conversation with my sister this morning, I have learned that a congregation very near to Bill Bowen, the M__W__ congregation, gave a Local Needs service meeting part last night on the subject of "Protecting Your Children From Pedophiles".

Although I wasn't there, here's what my sister said was included in the talk:

1. When a man is a pedophile, he won't ever be a MS or elder again.
    2. WT doesn't shield offenders from 'Caesar's Laws'. Note: Never said that they turn them in to the authorities, just that they don't 'shield them'. In my opinion, that's a big difference.
    3. The bad publicity led to good results in the field. i.e. people in service saying "I'm glad your church has a policy on pedophiles."
    4. How pedophiles behave; always watch your children.
    5. JW's had some bad publicity on local news about pedophilia; be prepared for more in the future.

Looks like the congregation is getting 'em ready for what's about to break, as usual, leaving the pubs halfway in the dark, and putting a little spin on the message.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I'm praying they air this in the Fall. Can't wait to see what the fall out is.

Yeru

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• soylibre
    soylibre

Damage control....that's all I can say.....sick bastards!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit