Father SHUNNED his daughter after becoming a JW ?????????????????

by notjw 25 Replies latest jw friends

• notjw
    notjw

You are the ex-wife (first wife) and she is your daughter with him. YES FIRST WIFE, THEN HE REMARRIED AND ADOPTED HIS NEW WIFES KID WHILE HE DOESNT SEE HIS OWN , GO FIGURE ..LOL

He has had no contact with her since she was 6; has he been allowed contact during all this time? (just asking) YES BUT HE REFUSES TO SEE HER

Has he been paying child support during this period if he is required to? YES

From the flyer comment, can I assume that he and she live in close proximity? YES ABOUT 2 MILES AWAY WE HAVE NEVER BEEN FAR AND ALWAYS HAVE LET HIM KNOW WHERE WE ARE

I do suggest that regardless of the circumstances, for her sake, it would be good to calm down a little and realize that if she wants him to terminate his parental rights so her stepfather can adopt her, based on his alledged noncontact, I would think he would be agreeable to severing that legal attachment. YES

It does sound like she wants a relationship but then at the same time wants to separate herself (divorce) permanently from him. YES BUT SHES TIRED OF BEING BLOWN OFF ALL THESE YRS YA KNOW

Just be careful that your own feelings toward your ex-husband don't affect your daughter. My parents used us children to hurt each other long after the divorce. It's been 35 years and they still try; we won't let them.

ALL THESE YRS I HAVE SAID NOTHING , I SAT BACK AND I LET HER SEE WHAT KIND OF PERSON HE REALLY IS AND MAN DOES IT HURT ,,,,,,

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY

• notjw
    notjw

I DONT KNOW I THINK HES THE PASTOR ? OR DO THEY HAVE THAT ? HES BEEN IN THE JW FOR 10 YRS

• jgnat
    jgnat

Elder. He might be an elder. But responsibilities are meted out sparingly in the Watchtower Society. After ten years he may only be a lowly Ministerial Servant permitted to handle the mikes, or attend to the literature counter.

I would stop focusing in on this jerk. He has to face his God some day. Make it easy for him to sever the ties, then let your daughter build a new life for herself with people who really care about her.

• notjw
    notjw

wow thank you for the support :)

• notjw
    notjw

I just dont understand how a father can do this to his child ....... Im clueless,,,,,,,,, Im not a JW nor do I want to be ..I knew this guy before he got into the JW and he was NORMAL ? Does the JW really Brain Wash them ? I think so because my daughters Dad when we were married NEVER acted like he is now ...... and he was a pot smoker too go figure ...... I guess he found Kingdom Hall and now hes the Greatest , I think not ........ He will face God one day for what hes done .....

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Seems like jws do their shunning duties to score points with the elders. I don't believe god would want it this way.

When I left the jws six years ago, my kids began to shun me. They are adults and on their own, and both married.

They refuse to talk to me now.

They are using emotional blackmail in the hopes of me coming back to their borganization.

I hold the vision that one day they will think for themselves, and remember they have a mom who loves them unconditionally.

Love and light

ESTEE

• notjw
    notjw

Estee , Im sorry to hear that , It HURTS I know , and when your a Mom you hurt for your kids also and you =yourself also feel the pain .................. im so sorry , May God Bless You :)

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I am sorry to read about your daughters situation. I too am not a JW but my lifelong friends have just joined this cult which promotes its doctrine of hate and fear. I found this JW discussion group whicjh has provided friendship and advice in great measure. My best friends sons want me to help them get their old parents back - if only I could get through to them. They are under mind control rather than brainwashing.

• notjw
    notjw

im so sorry i know , its a damn shame

• talesin
    talesin

notjw

Your child has you, which is one more loving parent than many JW kids have. She will never have to worry about you shunning her.

This is a painful time, and hopefully she will work through it as she grows ... there is no logic to their actions ... it's good to deal with the fallout and not spend too much energy the 'why' of what they do. She has a great life ahead of her, free from the Tower.

talesin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit