Mothers Day is for Heathen Apostate Bastards!

by gumby 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby
    Hmmm. I thought the origin of Mother's Day had something to do with a US president's proclamation in the early 1900's.

See there....I told ya you were a dumb bastard! Gumby

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Gumballs!

Be nice to Minimus, it's mothers day.

• minimus
    minimus

Gumby means well. He's just gum ball icious.

• gumby
    gumby

I was born with a coat hanger in my ear.....so I ain't buying ma nuthin!

Gumby

• Evanescence
  • Evanescence
    Evanescence

Mothers Day is on the 8th of may in Australia!

• gumby
    gumby
    Mothers Day is on the 8th of may in Australia!

See there! There simply just isn't any unity in this old system of things.

Gumby

• carla
    carla

How can Mother's Day be pagan? I thought it wasn't even a holiday until about the 1900's. A woman wanted to honor her 'good Christian Mother', for all she did for her. That's my take on it. Unless, my thinking is all off, of course, anyone not jw would be considered pagan I suppose. silly me. Happy Mother's Day all, carla

• Room 215
    Room 215

How typical of them to demonize such an innocuous, well-intentioned tradition as Mother's Day. Is it a df'ing offense? I can't help but wonder how it would play in the newspapers if they were to run a story about a JW was ostracized from friends and family because he/she celebrated this horrific day?

The hidden agenda here, of course, is to stifle any impulse to make a person feel special or unique, even for a minute, let alone a whole day, or to praise anyone (GB and FDS excepted, of course!).

• gumby
    gumby

It doesn't MATTER if it was practiced by pagans, or originated with the pagans........it certainly ISN'T pagan now. Paul said "if one man esteeme's one day above another and does it to the Lord, then don't bug him about it". I'm sure the Lord honors those who honor their mother.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit