My obsession with MP3s

by ballistic 15 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

I just worked out it would take 2 years, 245 days and several hours to play all my MP3s back to back. That might be why there's a few I haven't played yet. Gradually I'm replacing them with CDs I pay for on ebay. The other day I won an auction for 3 pence! And I feel sorry for the guy I outbid on another for 35 pence!!! So, anyone got any tips for groups I haven't heard of yet? I'm into pop, 80's and prog rock.

• talesin
    talesin

Do you have "the Babies", kinda punky, but more pop to my mind? And I know it's a silly question if you are into progressive 80s, but how about "The Alan Parsons Project"? That's all I can think of atm.

t

• ballistic
    ballistic

I have 25 Alan Parsons Project Albums, great stuff. I will check out the babies now. Do you mean the backyard babies?

• ballistic
    ballistic

Come on! I at least expected a flame war on how I'm doing Oasis out of cocaine money and Michael Jackson is nearly bankrupt!

• talesin
    talesin

No, just The Babies, with John Waite as frontman.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Rats, I only have about three days worth of iTunes, I guess my tastes are pretty narrow, as far as what I'm willing to purchase.

2 years 245 days? At 1 megabyte per minute of music, that's 1,404,000 megabytes, or 1,371 gigabytes. How many hard drives does it take to store all that??

• ballistic
    ballistic

Yes, I'm into terabytes, and I back up the whole compuer to a second computer. And every now and then I rip the hard disk out of the second computer and lend it to a friend, creating a grandson backup.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

I tend to download stuff now before buying it. Had NIN's new album for a few weeks before it came out. Got a nice shiny copy of it on cd now.

Been listening to the new Gorillaz and S.O.A.D albums. Like what i've heard so far.

-

Ignored One.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I'd probably have a lot more music if big giant poo-heads like Led Zep, Metallica, AC/DC, and Radiohead would make their music available on iTunes. You can't get any old Aerosmith there either, only the pop era stuff.

• hippikon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit