Your Mothers first date, and first Kiss ... How well do you know mom?

by xjwms 10 Replies latest jw friends

• xjwms
    xjwms

How well do you know your mom? In view of May 8th, I thought it would be fun to think about.

I have heard these storys over and over, How about you, ..... and anything interesting?

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

My mother's first date was an innocent group thing when she was about 15, I think with a brother from Sulphur, Louisiana. Her first kiss was with my father, AFTER they were engaged! Knowing my mother, I believe it. My father was her only serious boyfriend, though for a while as a teenager she had a crush on Elsewhere's father, my father's brother. Didn't know that, did ya, Elsewhere? If your dad had been a little less uptight, we could have been spawned from the same loins!

• xjwms
    xjwms

pennycandy:

What a nice story, ... Thanks

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

As far as what I've been told, my mother's first date was a drunken asshole. She married him at age 19 and had my brother. They ended up hating each others guts and would constantly fight and rip clumps of each others' hair out.

Then they divorced and my mother married another drunken asshole. Then I was born

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Hmmm, good question. My mom would always be kind of hush hush about her pre-jw days. But sometimes, we'll get something out of her, and it is wild. Like I mentioned Mexico, and she said, "Oh yeah, I rode in a car from NY down there once with this guy I was dating. I think he was selling drugs. Anyway that was before I knew the truth." It's like WHAT? She has all these little stories, but she doesn't want to be a bad influence, so I don't know much.

Happy Mother's Day!!!!

• Aztec
    Aztec

From my mother's account on the subject her first date and first kiss both occured on her senior prom. I'm not sure I believe it but that's her story and she's sticking to it.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

My mother was visiting her cousin Chuck in Arizona. Her cousin and my dad were high school friends. First date was 4X4 in the mountains--Salt River Canyon??-- They used to do alot of outdoorsy stuff, and drink and party in the woods. Anyway, I owe my happy existence to her second trip a year later. My dad bugged proposed to her every day for a month straight (April 1973). She didn't say yes until I was already on my way.

• Banshee
    Banshee

My mom's first date was with my dad...on an evening during a Circuit Assembly. Dad borrowed a friend's car that had a kick-butt engine under the hood and he gunned it by accident and spilled soda right into his lap. My mom still laughs about it when she tells the story.

As I recall, her first kiss was with my dad, too. I think they got a talking-to at some time during their three month courtship about about "heavy petting" or maybe they confessed it and then got talked to. Anyway, that's what I've been told...lol

• xjwms
    xjwms

Thanks to all who added a little story

My mom always brags about the fact, that, her guys always had to have a car or she would not go out. So much for the 1940's

• Es
    Es

my mum wasnt in the "truth" until a year after my mum and dad married...both got the "truth" overseas. So i try and get info out of her from her past but coz she wasnt a dub then i guess she feels ashamed of her past I know my dad does and it annoys me why feel ashamed of it its made you a part of the person you are today. es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit