what was the strangest or wierd thing that happen.......

by donald 14 Replies latest jw friends

• ACEofCAD
    ACEofCAD

In town witnessing . . .A young brother and I were in service on Halloween day and we got candy at nearly every door. Out here cargroups made up of young brothers were often spent four wheeling on hills in and out of town (because most of the service cars here are jeeps and four door trucks). When I worked with my parents we usually spent the service morning at garage sales in and around our territory and calls.

Witnessing on the Navajo Reservation . . . Well nothing is like working the rural territory of Hiway 666 (its now renamed to hiway 241, I think). Out there its not called door to door, its Hogan to Hogan. It was always a lot of fun spending and entire day driving through streams, valleys, hills and desserts (hence the reason for the 4X4 service cars) only to do a dozen doors. It was always nice to drive by the Shiprock, through the Lava Wall, in the badlands, to get to Red Mesa. A beautiful valley where the dirt is made up af different shades of red and pink. I remember at one group of homes coming back to the car and there was a goat standing on the roof of the car. Forget mean dogs, keep away from the geese. Once our cargroup was able to climb part of the Shiprock (the remaining core of an inactive volcano), which is a big no no, a federal offence, because it is very sacret.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Mine was i went to a door and a very lovely young lady came to the door...NUDE....man you talk about a HARD time giving the presetation....lol

I heard a lot of stories about that sort of thing over the years, but it never happened to me...darn it.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

i was like 11 when this happened....

me and my mom went to the door of this one house and she was talking to a very nice lady. so halfway through the presentation, i look down and there's a cockroach crawling around on the porch. i let out a little EEP! and my mom and the lady both looked down. well, my mom lifted up her foot to squish it and the lady was like, NO! NO! don't do that! that's my aunt so-and-so.

<me and mom

so then the lady proceeded to tell us that all cockroaches are the spirits of dead ones....needless to say, my mom snatched me up and the car group left in quite a hustle...

i laugh now thinking back on it.

luv, kitty

• rodnico
    rodnico

I was pioneering right on the northern Utah & southern Idaho border. I had a bible study with one of the farm hands wife. As I was leaving the farm drving down the dirt road a traveling butcher (who knew) gunned his van. BLOOD spurted out of the sides of the doors, from below the doors and in between the doors and go all over my perfect 4 door economy pioneer car. Classic. -Nicole

• donald
    donald

thank youbebu...thats my cat...Mr bigglesworth...donald

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit