Jehovah's Witness loses fight to reject blood transfusion (CANADA)

by ezekiel3 13 Replies latest watchtower medical

• cybrez
    cybrez

You all have so much "hate" for the Watchtower Society. I am not a Jehovah's Witness, but if you all truly believe to be a Christian and a bible reader, then you should all see that this isn't a matter of life or death, but of faith. Faith is something long forgotten. I know for one that the Watchtower Society doesn't not have a rule that says they can't get a blood transfusion, but they go into detail using the bible explaining their beliefs on blood and how sacred it is. Obviously this family's faith in their religion is so great that they would go to that extent just to preserve it. If they belive that they will lose their faith by not accepting a blood transfusion, that is their decision. Who are we to judge? It is between them and GOD. We can only be supportive and pray for the girl. Antogonizing and ridiculing the parents and the society is similar to what the scribes and pharisees did to Jesus when he was tortured, persecuted, and put to death. We all have our faith, at least I do. What about you?

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    I know for one that the Watchtower Society doesn't not have a rule that says they can't get a blood transfusion

If a JW willingly gets a blood transfusion, then their status as a JW will be terminated.

Please tell me how that is not a rule.

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

cybrez - I've never heard someone who wasn't a JW refer to "the society". What does your god say about lying exactly?

• Jahna
    Jahna

Hello Dan

Actually I had a similar conversation this past week on this. It's kind of confusing but according to my parents, it's not disfellowshiping per say, (you can choke now), it's a matter of conscience. (I am choking now). Here is how it works:

You can accept blood then beg for forgiveness. You heard it, I can't believe it either.

In my mind if it is a matter of personal conscience then begging forgiveness and repenting is not required. While it wasn't discussed I think this is a way for the publisher to have a "weak moment" and accept blood, while not being disfellowshipped. It's a great out. (It also legally takes the blame off of the WT.)

Then again since she didn't know about accepting blood fractions (which is a conscience matter) without begging forgiveness, I am not quite sure the average publisher knows exactly what is allowed.

Jahna

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit