what to say to when someone says happy bday?

by tsunami_rid3r 22 Replies latest jw friends

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

whenever people tell me happy birthday tomorrow what do i say?

and the girl i took to prom well im still having some feelings for her and we seem to be getting along good. id like to hang out with her because shes fun, but she has a bf now. id like to take her to see star wars episode 3 since shes a big fan too. but she said shes gonna go on the day it comes out with her friends. how should i approach this?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Say "thank you!" :)

• hubert
    hubert

Okay, practice.

Happy Birthday, Tsunami. ....(In advance)

Hubert

• Charisma
    Charisma

I agree that saying thank you is a nice thing to respond about your birthday.

I don't understand about the girl. It sounds like you have feelings for her, but she has a boyfriend. She will probably plan to go to the movie with him. If she goes with a group of friends, maybe you can ask to join them though

• integ
    integ

I say; "GO F#@K YOURSELF. That was when I was a loyal dub. Now I say; "Thanks".

Integ.

• talesin
    talesin

First you say, "Thanks!"

Then, they will prolly ask you "What are you doing for your b'day?"

So, what are you doing for your birthday?

As for the girl, she has a boyfriend. Learn now, while you are young. Don't mess with someone else's relationship.

tal

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

my birthday is on a meeting night and the CO is here.

and she happens to be a good friend of mine, i should be able to hang out with her?

i could be like are you gonna go see star wars? and then like can i come too???

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    my birthday is on a meeting night and the CO is here.

Ew ew ew!

So will you be able to get out of going to meeting that night? If not, make sure your worldly normal friends KNOW THIS! You might get at least a card or some extra attention out of it. At the very least you'll have fun bitching about the Kingdumb Hell with your friends.

Happy birthday, btw!

gently feral

• talesin
    talesin

Sure, if you can just hang. Can you? I'm not being mean, just old. :D

I saw my friends go through this. As I left the JW at 18, I had a 'normal' crew in my late teens/early twenties. This one would break up with that one, then go out with the friend, then they would get in a fight, then break up. She would go back with the ex. etc. etc.

It can be quite a soap opera. hehehe I just think that you are better off leaving it alone while she has a b/f. Since you asked, that's my opinion. No sense in looking for trouble, that's all.

Take care, and have a G R E A T birthday. I'm really happy for you to be able to celebrate. It took me 10 years to shed the guilt and enjoy my birthday, so you are way ahead of the game!

tal

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Maybe just say "thanks" or something like that. Its a trip when you start becoming normal for the first time huh?

You're the good guy, happy b-day.

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit