by Seeker 45 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly136
    nelly136

the internet will go further than books or tv because it allows
    people to interact and meet people, its a two way communication,
    when dfing was brought in years ago the idea was to isolate any
    one who didnt agree from the rest of the 'flock' they were the
    throwaways and cast offs to be pushed into oblivion, the chances of
    bumping into other people who were also cast aways was pretty slim.
    No chance of comparing notes on any grand scale or swapping experiences or supporting each other to pick up the pieces...
    The skeletons are clawing their way out of the watchtowers cupboards,
    The people who the watchtower thought they had silenced with isolation are growing in number, and they have no way of enforcing
    their stay off the internet and dont talk to ex's rule because jws can do it from the comfort of their own homes, they can also ask questions that they wouldnt dare ask at their own kh's for fear of being classed as spiritually weak,
    long live the internet
    nelly

• wondering alot
    wondering alot

nelly136-With all due respect, I think the internet has a long way to go. How does one find out what's real and what isn't? True the info and the community unites and informs, is it for the better? Is it true?
    News flash:The main building of the Watchower Bible and Tract Society was levitated in the air for over an hour today. A group of ex-JWs surrounded the WT headquarters in Brooklyn. After circling seven times and shouting out answers to the WT study article before they were asked, the building slowly begain rising from its foundation revealing all sorts of skeletons in its basement. The Society offered no comment other than "They are looking into the book of Revelation for possible answers."
    Could be or maybe not. That's the problem. So you try to verify from other sources, how do you know they are telling you truth. This goes on in the media now and it's hard to police.
    Accountablity is the problem. I don't know you from Adam and you don't know me.
    Hopefully the exchange of info will get people thinking and hopefully for themselves.

All I want is the truth,
    Just gimme some truth.
    - John Lennon

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

thats the key isn't it, verifiying what you are told and not taking it for face value like when you were a JW..most things posted on here have refferences and links to official sites where it was taken from.

I say we all take a tour of brooklyn bethel, and then sneak away from the tour group and go to the toilets and at a pre-appointed time flush all the toilets at the same time turning the whole place higgelty-piggelty! I think it would be too hard to make the building levetate.

• nelly136
    nelly136

hi wondering a lot,
    actually cross referencings a pretty good way of checking,
    I started at good old 'apostate' sites and from there I go to court/legal listings, business directories, government sites charity registration listings, stocks and shares etc and my search engine works overtime,the sites are not 'apostate' and have to be pretty accurate for obvious reasons, its all public/official information
    The doctrine stuff is of no interest to me, hell it bored me titless all the years I was forced to sit in the kh, but the history I find fascinating.
    Now I have a whole internet at my finger tips, when I see 'Borg has bomb factory shares' I go to business and stocks and shares and check for myself,
    like boy says dont take it at face value, you're not limited to one source of info or just 'apostate' sites, dont take mine or anyone elses word or it, youre doing this for you, its your own journey and no one can do it for you,
    nice to meet you by the way
    nelly

• Black Man
    Black Man

Going up........

• wondering alot
    wondering alot

nelly136-

wanna read some farout essays try www.disinfo.com

back at ya,

won

• nelly136
    nelly136

cool site I try not to over do the conspiracies stuff else I wouldnt sleep, quite like this one,
    http://www.skeptic.com
    http://www.skeptic.com/jr9-07.html (russel rutherford get a mention lol
    nelly

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Nelly said:

hell it bored me titless all the years I

NO!!! Say it isn't so, Nelly!

Slipnslidemaster: "The gods too are fond of a joke."
    - Aristotle

• nelly136
    nelly136