Just got my copy of In Search of Christian Freedom

by Goldminer 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

My book came in last week and I picked it up on Thursday.I was nowhere near as nervous as when I purchased Crisis of Conscience.So far I've read the first 2 chapters and I will definitely learn a lot from this book,it's a real gem of spiritual truths and christian freedom.

While I was in the christian bookstore picking up my book I took the time to order 2 more books.

-The Gentile Times Reconsidered

-Combatting Cult Mind Control

I'm looking forward to reading those also.Hopefully I can subtely share some of this material with my family members who are still deeply brainwashed by the WTS.

Goldminer

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Good for you.

lol just thinking about how JWs/xJWs get "nervous" just getting those books. Don't tell me we weren't under mind control!

• alw
    alw

Enjoy!!! I just finished reading it last night - thoroughly enjoyed it and have placed it in my library for quick reference - too much information to be absorbed in one sitting!!! alw

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I read it about 18 months back. I read it twice. Couldn't put it down! I found the second reading better - the mind just cannot get the details while thinking over and over again 'they lied to me - they lied to me - they lied to me....'.

I had 'loaned' mine out to a local Pastor - haven't got it back again - so my wife tells me she ordered a new copy since no apostate library is complete without it! LOL

I think I will read it again. My mindset is completely different now and I am sure I will feel somewhat different about what I read this time through - probably less angry and more grateful!

Way to go goldminer - this will drive the last nail in the coffin of the watchtower for you most likely. I remember that 'nervous' feeling too - I was reading mine in the uptown coffee shop when in walked the PO - out in service - he did not know what it was. I could care less now - 18 months of thinking on my own has been a blessing.

Jeff

• jula71
    jula71

GOLDMINER.....I just got finished reading it. I was hooked from the first few chapters on the court cases. Very good book, really lays out the doctrinal problems with JW beliefs. Enjoy your read!!!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Buckle your seat belt!!

lol just thinking about how JWs/xJWs get "nervous" just getting those books. Don't tell me we weren't under mind control!

I was an exJW when I bought both books. I kept wondering if any dub worked at Walmart.com in the order Dept.and if he/she knew me.

• Ellie
    Ellie

do you mean to say there are actually books written to help people realise the truth isn't the truth?

I'm quite new to all this, only just stumbled across this website but relieved to know there are other people out there who have some idea of what Jehovahs Witness' stand for and the way they treat people.

• Charisma
    Charisma

Sound like some good materials to pick up and read. I have Crisis of Consciences but I haven't read any of the others mentioned here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit