Finnish KM 2005 on search engines and apostates

by Dogpatch 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    "Have you been getting on the internet"?

"Oh yes, it's wonderful, I just bought the 1934 yearbook on eBay!!"

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

At our service meeting last week (So. California) the brother giving a part stressed the society's web address over and over again. He said to go straight to it instead of doing a search as it might land you onto an apostate site. I don't know if that just his opinion or if the elders are given some verbal instructions or guidelines ahead of time to make sure they bring certain points out. Maybe an elder can clarify.

• steve2
    steve2

Interesting that it is from the Finnish edition of the Kingdom Ministry. Scandanavian countries were among the earliest countries in the world to report ongoing decline among active JWs, decline that is continuing right up to the present, judging by the latest Watchtower figures. These countries sure are hurting!

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Tweetiebird confirms it!

I love it!

Randy

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Seems not to be found in the German edition. (Have not checked myself but brought it up at the German board.)

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Seems not to be found in the German edition. (Have not checked myself but brought it up at the German board.)

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Randy stated that I confirmed that it was in the US KM, I didn't say that. I stated that the brother giving the part on the article in the KM about the internet mentioned the web address several times, saying that we need to directly use it instead of a search. I don't know if that came down from the society or just his own thoughts.

• heathen
    heathen

I've heard elders say stuff like that at a book study I visited a couple of years ago but the idiot in charge even demonized the official site because he didn't know what it was . LMAO Then his assitant had to correct him in front of everybody ................... God what a jerk ............... Next the bastards will come around downloading all content on everybodies computer just to see if they been up to " apostasy " ........... ohhhhhhhh man it's just too hard to give them the benefit of the doubt.

• sf
    sf

Well, all it will take to confirm such here in the USA is to call NY and inquire. I shall do so later.

www.freeminds..org and www.silentlambs.org are among other key websites, that are on my yahoo profile...along with consistently urging the lurkers and seekers to GOOGLE. Many come in and start off by asking "why, where and how this....". I simply recommend they read the links and google first, along with reading watchtower site too, THEN come back and ask questions, as most questions can be answered by reading and/ or emailing the website authors.

Now, many of us here are well aware that WTBTS does have stealth readers here...

READ MY 'LIPS': YOU CAN NOT SHUT DOWN GOOGLE. OR THE INTERNET FOR THAT MATTER. WHAT WILL YOU DO TO STOP THE FLOW OF INFORMATION THAT IS RUPTURING YOUR WALLS?

sKally

• sf
    sf

Furthermore, what will you do when Crisis of Conscience finally becomes available to read, in it's entirety, on the net?

I have already read many of its pages on microphone, in the jw/exjw chatrooms on yahoo.

Watchtower: How can you stop someone like me?

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit