Missing girl who is a Jehovah's Witness, needs blood transfusion

by viewaskew 10 Replies latest watchtower medical

• viewaskew
    viewaskew

I know others have posted about a 14 year-old Witness who was ordered by a Canadian court to accept a blood transfusion. The girl and her family have apparently run away... http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=23700

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

I think that is very sad, the poor girl is going to die!

Is that what the parents and the wt want for this girl?

It says in the bible not to drink blood, but in this case it is different.

Firstly in hospitals blood gets inserted into your body through a tube, you don't actually Drink it

Secondly this is a life situation!

I think what god/jehovah was referring to was, drinking blood as an everyday drink, and drinking it for pleasure.

Of cause that is discusting going around drinking blood and what if the people get addicted to drinking blood?

So i think the watchtower just mis understood the text.

God is just like a father. Do you want your children do run around drinking blood like vampires? well no!

But if your child was suffering from blood loss and is in desperate need for blood then, yes you would allow your child to have blood inserted, you don't want your child to die!

God made doctors and encouraged hospitals for those reasons.

I have nothing against blood transfusions and I wish that the wts can agree with blood transfusions as well

*the churches job is to look after the sheep its flock, not to leave them there to die*

Evanescence

• mouthy
    mouthy

I was called by a radio station to comment on this issue,, I spoke my mind. ( as always.not called mouthy for nothing) I explained the mind control is so severe- she thinks she is pleasing God to die..
    A JW called after me. & said I am always on these programes" She is a hate monger "But thank God others called in & said I was right on the dot about it all. ...
    Then after the show I learned where she is. TO late to blow the whistel on air !!!!But let us keep her in our thoughts folks -"BEEN THERE DONE THAT"

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I posted the following on another thread.

hawk

-------------------------------------------------

[email protected]

May 3, 2005

Ms. Lumson:

My name is xxxxx and I reside in Ontario . I observed the news stories last night regarding this young Jehovah's Witness girl coming to Ontario either for medical treatment or to seek an Ontario Court order exempting the girl from the ordered blood transfusion in B.C.

I don't know if this helps or not but I have many friends who are former witnesses including .... and helped Lawrence Hughes in his civil case in Alberta recently.

Mr. Shane Brady is actually a lawyer with Glen How's firm and represents the Watch Tower in these blood transfusion cases even though he may say he represents the family.

There is an internet site which clearly explains the Watch Tower' s actual positions on blood therapies and the many problems with it. A smart lawyer will realize the actual problems with the doctrine since Mr. Brady and other witnesses try to demonize blood therapies and try to convince other witnesses, wrongly, that there are alternate treatments that do not require blood therapies.

Click here http://www.ajwrb.org

In the ever changing doctrine of the Watch Tower , Witnesses are allowed to take many blood transfusions. In fact they can take 100 percent of blood as long as it is fractionated to the leadership's definitions of fractionated blood. In other words if the Doctor fractionates whole blood into hemoglobin, red blood cell membranes, white blood cell membranes, albumin, Factor 8 and 9 etc. and it was transfused into her body all at once using separate tubes, then - believe it or not - that would be considered acceptable by the Jehovah's Witnesses leadership. What would not be acceptable to the leadership is allogeneic transfusions whole blood, red blood cell, white blood cell (sometimes acceptable) and plasma. The leadership actually do allow for some forms of whole blood transfusions such as intraoperative autotransfusion (http://www.ajwrb.org/basics/what.shtml). Also white blood cells have been allowed to be transferred between Witnesses either in mother's breast milk or through organ transplants.

The big problem with this issue is that if a Jehovah's Witness (including a child) knowingly does not follow the doctrine and takes in blood (based on the definition of the leadership) then, that person is considered disassociated - meaning their entire closed community of Jehovah's Witnesses will shun then and they will lose their God and religion - an awful price to pay if a person is in a closed high control group such as the Jehovah's Witnesses.

There have been many changes made to this blood doctrine over the past 20-30 years that is based on the leadership's interpretation of science (wrongly at times) and the bible.

The inconsistencies in the blood doctrine begs the question does the Watch Tower leadership honestly and in good faith teach the blood doctrine correctly to individuals such as this young girl so that the girl can make an informed choice?

There is an Ontario civil case called Victoria A. Boer v. Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Canada inc. et. al. that was decided in June 2003. In that case which dealt with sexual molestation I believe the Judge found that Ms. Boer, the victim, even though over 18, was being controlled by the Organization's Elders and that because of her upbringing as a Jehovah's Witness, she was too immature to make her own choices. That case may help your case.

Don't know if the above helps your case but I thought I would make you aware of the information. You can call me at work (between 8:15 to 4:30 PM EDST) at xxxxx or Email me at xxxxx.

I hope B.C. considers looking at the law closely and the definition of counseling to commit an offence in either Provincial law or the Criminal Code of Canada. If people such as Mr. Brady and others agents of the corporation called the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Canada Inc. from Georgetown Ontario convinced this young lady to flee the jurisdiction of B.C. to avoid a legal Court order and this risks this young girl's health, then I would hope B.C. would determine if the corporation and its agents violated the counseling to commit sections either in the Provincial Law or the Criminal Code. If memory serves, there is no need to prove a mens rea (guilty mind) in Provincial Offences.

Take care,

xxxx

cc: [email protected]

• Daunt
    Daunt

Hope this girl will be alright. Now they are going against Caesar's law also. Sad. They need to make this go public.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Dear Hawk,

That was a great letter. Ex.Jw all over owe you a lot for always coming to our aid.

take care and see you soon

Wanna

• mouthy
    mouthy

Dearest Hawk..... Great that your right oin the button!!! Yes you have helped so many(((Includung me ))))

Graet letter .Keep up the good work Love ya !!!! Grace

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Hi Mouthy - thanks and way to go you radio star! I want your autograph. BTW I saw James about two weeks ago in Toronto. He says Hi!!!

Just for context - the way the redacted letter reads you might get the impression I have helped Lawrence lately. I have helped him in the past but not lately. Others have and thus, I should just make a note that stuff was deleted from the letter that was posted above to protect those certain parties.

wanna - Thanks and say hi to the big guy for me. We are excited to come see you guys, again, and looking forward for a nice relaxing stay in the park.

hawk

• mouthy
    mouthy

No need for my autograph Hawk.... !!! When I make a dent in the WT THEN I will send the auto!!!!

Yes Jim sent me his latest book, which I had already bought before !!!So I gifted it to a EX Circuit Servant......(((((((((((HUGS))))

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

No no not Jim but James as in James McCarten

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit