Watchtower claims: true christians have real love

by Evanescence 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Hi ppls!

I found on the watchtower sight under the topic "How can you find the true religion?"

That it mentions, "The most outstanding mark of true Christians is that they have real love among themselves."

Well I'm just curious, if thats the case then....

Why do jw's disfellowship over small triviul issues?

Why do parents in the organisation dis-own their own children?

Why do people in the organisation shun others just because they did some minor offence? (hey we are not perfect)

Why do jw's shun people when they are depressed and call them spiritually weak?

Why do jw's and elders make eachother feel bad?

I really don't call that christian love!

hmmmmmm what is your opinion? I'm sorry if I got any of it wrong but what I heard from people on what goes on in the organisation.

If I was to approach an elder with this what will their reaction be?

From evanescence

• talesin
    talesin

Why do jw's disfellowship over small triviul issues? To keep J**'s organization pure.

Why do parents in the organisation dis-own their own children? In hopes that the child will recognize they are lost without the org. (mother), and return to the fold (they use the prodigal son as an example)

Why do people in the organisation shun others just because they did some minor offence? (hey we are not perfect) So that they are not influenced by bad association, and also for the reason directly above

Why do jw's shun people when they are depressed and call them spiritually weak? They would be considered bad association because they are weak and need to work harder, study more!

Why do jw's and elders make eachother feel bad? It is not us, but Satan's temptations which make 'ones' feel bad. We must ever be on the watch that one of our brothers/sisters is not being led into temptation. If so, we must let the elders know so that they can counsel her/him. This may cause bad feelings if someone is hiding a sin, but is that J**'s fault? No, of course not!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    "The most outstanding mark of true Christians is that they have real love among themselves."

I believe this statement to be true. Enough said.

• talesin
    talesin

Evanescence

For clarity,

An elder will insist that the above explanations show True Christian Love(TM) because it will be leading the unrepentant party back to J**. You see, it is not the quality of the offense (minor/major) that matters, but whether the Body of Elders judges the person to be repentant of the act, however minor you may consider it to be.

Therefore, by shunning them, and causing them to turn back to J**'s org. in their pain and isolation, they are showing True Christian Love(TM).

tal

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Why do jw's shun people when they are depressed and call them spiritually weak? They would be considered bad association because they are weak and need to work harder, study more!

Its not easy when depressed when rejected by others and get called "spiritually weak" When someone is depressed, I feel that it is better to help the person instead of shunning them out. There are many stories of jw's attempting suicide due to depression.

Really no matter how much you study the magazines or the new world translation bible it is not going to rid of depression.

I know because I suffer from depression and know many others who do as well. But what kept me from commiting suicide was the faith I had in god. I really helped me through my depression, he helped me by, Being with me every step of the way. Cheering me up when I'm in the worst of my depression and showed me life values.

I think that the organisation should do the same. How is shunning people or shoving books in their face gonna help them?

I was because of my spiritual faith that I was able to hold on! and that is the case for many others as well.

Christian love is to help and care for those in need! That is my opinion anyway.

Why do jw's disfellowship over small triviul issues? To keep J**'s organization pure

ALL ARE SINNERS AND NO ONE IS PERFECT, A PURE ORGANISATION IS AN ORGANISATION WITH NO ONE IN IT!

Why do jw's and elders make eachother feel bad? It is not us, but Satan's temptations which make 'ones' feel bad. We must ever be on the watch that one of our brothers/sisters is not being led into temptation. If so, we must let the elders know so that they can counsel her/him. This may cause bad feelings if someone is hiding a sin, but is that J**'s fault? No, of course not!

really we can't blame the devil for everything! some things are caused by our own actions

Its like walking up to someone and saying "hey fatty!" The person will of cause get upset, we can't just turn around and say "hey its the devil thats making you feel bad not me!"

Why do parents in the organisation dis-own their own children? In hopes that the child will recognize they are lost without the org. (mother), and return to the fold (they use the prodigal son as an example)

With the prodical son, the son left his father and when he returned the father welcomed him with open hands not the other way around!

Hey they are our children we should accept their choices in life and we should support them as best we can. Parents shouldn't control their childrens life and If the parents don't get their way they abandon them! Does god do that to his own little children? no! he made it clear that he loves us and under no circomstances will he forsake us. If the organisation wants the jw's to imitate god/jehovah then they shouldn/t abanden their own children The prodical son story is an example of gods love to us and how he will welcome us with open arms when we return to him.

It didn't show in the prodical son at all that the father abandoned his son! This parable shows forgiveness

This is just my opinion please don't take offence or anything.

Evanescence

P.S i'm writing with red with yellow in the background because its stuck like this I don't know how to change it back to black with no background

• rebel8
    rebel8

You forgot to mention the congregation grapevine, which can be really brutal. If they had more love among themselves than other groups, they wouldn't rip each other to shreds behind their backs and talk about people's very private/personal business.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    I believe this statement to be true. Enough said.

The statement may be true of True Christians but it is not true of Jehovah's Witnesses. What loving Christian Church would allow protect pedophiles and permit them to roam freely amist children? hmmmmmm?? Sanction and encourage child abuse? Encourage, no, demand that parent's not speak to children and grandchildren who disbeleive ... none that I want to be affiliated with, that's for sure.

The so-called love among JW's is totally conditional and bears no resemblance to the type of love shown by Jesus Christ. Just my 2 cents.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JW love is conditional love. Period. Once I got into a discussion with somebody about the conditional love shown by the dubs. She said well: "all love has conditions". I said: "yes, in the sense that you are not going to break into your neighbor's house or assault him, etc., yes those are normal unspoken conditions of your relations with people in general".

But in the case of the dubs it has to do with performance on your part. Anybody who says otherwise is only kidding themselves.

• Honesty
    Honesty

The reason the JW's shun, disfellowship, stab each other in the back out in Field Service with gossip, judge others as 'spiritually weak' is because the are not Christians. They are misguided by a book publishing compnay that exploits them for its own gains.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit