A feeling of community

by logansrun 11 Replies latest jw friends

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Brad,

I would like to add, since you mentioned Gandhi, that what you are after here, is not some grandiose thing reserved for only a few evolved or special people, but rather your own true and present being; which is here already. It just needs to be seen.

When, the mind makes a big and grand deal out of it, it is setting truth at a distance. When, in actuality, nothing is closer.

Don't let the mind make a big deal out of it. Trust and be confident that It's here, now. Be still and present enough, and it will be realized.

j

• Carmel
    Carmel

Yes! Definately my religious life has a strong sense of community on local, national and international levels. We were always told that JWs were the only ones that had unity between all the members. I beleived that until I experianced much greater sense of unity in diversity as a Baha'i. When the central American countries were all at war with one another, and even today as various countries on both sides of the Iraqi conflict are killing each other, representatives from all these countries gather to elect international leaders without regard to ethnic or religious or racial origin and in complete harmony and loving fellowship. JWs never have experianced anything close to what I have.

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit