What is wrong with my cat?

by Nancy Drake 14 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

found this on the net, and couldn't resist...

• target
    target

usually when a cat spends that kind of time in the litter box it is because of a urinary infection. The cat is unable to empty the bladder completely and stays in the litter box hoping to relieve itself.

If the cat is drinking a lot and peeing a lot, have him checked for diabetes. Cats get it a lot more than you think.

Any time a pet changes behavior, your should be concerned.

Target

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

If you have more than one cat, and only one litterbox, it could well be territorial behaviour. Get more litterboxes.

Yes, do get him/her/them checked. If it's been a year, it's time anyway.

I have a diabetic cat. It took several months for all of us to get used to it, and to get his glucose balanced. 2-1/2 years into it and he's happy and healthy, and worth every bit of effort.

Do let us know what the outcome is.

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

My cat did the same for a while.

I just didn't change the litter as regularly as I used to, he got out of the behaviour real fast. Phew who want to sleep in stinky litter.

Have you changed the type of litter you use, or moved the litter tray, poor thing might be a bit confused.

If the behaviour persists though, I agree with the others it may pay to take him/her to the vet. Maybe ring the vet frist and talk to them, mine's always happy to give advice over the phone.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Does the urine of diabetic cats taste sweet?

- Nathan, with a stack of pancakes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit