TO ALL THOSE IN HIGH PLACES

by silentlambs 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

This morning I received this story in my email:

Dear silentlambs,

I am now 36 years OLD I type that in caps because I feel 100, my body and mind have been broken over the years by the " Brothers." My story starts at a very young age when my father an Elder in the congregation raped me. Did I state I was four at the time? Did I also say that my Grandmother and Aunt who both were Pioneers knew of the sexual abuse? Perhaps I should say I know for sure My Grandmother knew I KNOW my aunt suspected or just ignored "IT."
    "IT" was a very strong word in my home "IT" referred to my mothers sucide."IT "Referred to my Grandfather getting caught touching my friend in an inappropriate manner. IT referred to my Grandmothers Alcoholism, also my Fathers and Grandfathers. I am now left to sift through the Whys??????
    Why did my "Elder" Father rape me and beat my brother and sister.
    Why didn't the elders do anything about it?
    Why did my Father stop at the age of thirteen????? Wait, I know I started my period!
    Why did another "Elder" join my father in sexually tormenting me?
    Why when this same "elder" beat his dog to death in a fit of rage (for barking) was he not " DF'ed
    Why when I Went to the Elders WAS I TOLD I NEEDED TWO WITNESSES???? Do you think that my dad and his friend would testify to their wrongdoing against me????
    Why do I still suffer??? And wonder if I did the right thing by leaving the Organization?
    Why did my mother kill herself?
    Why was my Father not DF'ed when 12 years later he went to jail for sexually abusing my Half-sister and some of her Witness Friends????????????????????

Why why why..............

Because THEY DO AND CONTINUE TO IGNORE SEXUAL DEVIANTS!

Sincerely,
    CL

I get these types of stories every week. Sometimes two sometimes six or more. I am touched in ways I cannot describe and it helps me to know I must be on the right path. When all this started I knew something bad was wrong. As I came to understand it I became sick to my stomach to think I as an elder was supporting such an evil and wicked policy that must hurt children. There was no joy in serving anymore, it was painful and yet such a relief when I resigned to no longer be part of the problem.

Then came the stories, in one weekend after posting my letter of resignation, over fifteen pages of email all saying the same thing, "it happened to me-I thought I was the only one." I could not comprehend the extent of what I suspected, yet as time has passed I realized it was worse than could be imagined. You tell me, how easy is it to tell about your molestation? How would you like to dig up the horrid memory of being raped by your father and share it for the world to see? There is no basis for doing so unless you wanted to help someone else and thought your story could help make a difference. This I am told time and again, they want to help protect the children. These victims want no money, no recognition, no "prominence,” no purpose but to try and help others.

How would you define a hero? Bravery? Someone who you would be honored to know? I say it is these silentlambs. They have been beat down, DF'd, pushed to the side, treated with disdain, called liars, have deep emotional scars to deal with, yet it is they who step up to the plate and try to make a difference in an organization who could care less about them.

Ask yourself what would the silentlambs website be if it did not have the victims page? The issue would be laughed out of any serious consideration of this being a "real" problem. It is their courage that makes this issue real.

While we appreciate the help of certain ones. For example, the murder letter was sent by one brave former elder, the 4-25-01boe media letter by another elder who wanted to help, the British boe letter yet another courageous elder was moved let everyone know. These persons were moved to do something and it has been of great assistance. Much more can and needs to be accomplished.

I read with interest the comments of many who frequent this board who claim to be in "HIGH PLACES", they rattle their swords and offer sympathy to this issue, yet what commitment do they make to actually do anything about it? An expression that has been used by different ones on this board is, "all that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing", I remember this expression well, it was taped to my desk when I was fighting for justice on another issue within many years ago, I have thought about it many times over the years. Once again I see a lot of "good" men who offer kind words, but any more than that is a great big nothing. What have you men in high places provided in the way of hard copy to prove this problem? How many victims do you know of, that would be willing to speak at your suggestion? Why can't you speak up yourself, lay it on the line and tell the facts of this matter that you know to the press? Can you even send further proof anonymously to protect yourself? Would you be willing to testify in court to the reality of this problem? WHAT ARE YOU?

May I offer an opinion? I feel the silentlambs have more courage in their little finger than you men in high places have in your whole body. Spineless cowards, company men much like the military men in Germany who stood by while millions were killed and were to afraid to do anything meaningful.

This matter is not about my stand; it is about what is right. Victims have spilled their guts to make this known, yet where are the men in high places who claim to have sympathy for this issue? You let children be molested because of the policy you support.

It will not change from within, if you want to make a difference you have to stand up for what is right. What are you waiting for??? This is it, the time is now, if you think you need to wait on Jehovah, how do you not know this is an effort guided by Jehovah that will succeed?

When Jehu looked up at the window and asked, "Who is with me?" those men in "high places" had to make a choice. They had to either do what they knew in their hearts was right or they could have waited on Jehovah. Sometimes you have to grab evil and throw it out the window. While I claim no special dispensation, I stand before you now and say, "Who is with me?"

You men in high places have a choice to make. Stick with the wicked bitch or stand up for the children. I ask no one to leave Jehovah but instead, to do what you know is right. If you have the power to make a difference and you choose to wait, stay out of the way, stay off the forums, stay close to your pedophile protecting friends. When they are thrown to the dogs you will be in good company.

If you wish to help, email me, lets talk, I will protect your confidentiality but let's see if together we can do something meaningful to resolve this matter. Six months has passed, what has WT done to help the children? What you do from this day forward can make a difference and can help the needed changes come quickly. I have spoken from my heart now what does your heart move you to do?

Will you help the silentlambs?

I await your response.

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Great post!

Keep up the great and courageous work. Hopefully a few of those in high places will respond. I will post this on a few other sites where JWs post and lurk.

• teejay
    teejay

Powerful, Bill. Powerful. You a bad boy and I have nothing but respect for you. But the fellows in "high places" to whom you speak are not men of high honor. They have positions to protect. They love the adulation of the little ones in their respective halls. They like giving talks and getting slaps on the back. They are not like you.

Jesus spoke of men like these 2,000 years ago. They've been around a lot longer and will always be around. Abused children? "They'll be alright," is what they think. "Jehovah will act." Personally, I think they are worse than the pedos. Sick bastards. How can anyone call them "good"?

peace,
    tj

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Thank you. I also posted this on a support board.

closer

"Can you imagine a world with no hypothetical questions?" -- Steven Wright

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Thank you again, Silentlambs.

Bring those bastards down.

• Prisca
    Prisca

God bless you Bill Bowen! You are one in a million!

You men in high places have a choice to make. Stick with the wicked bitch or stand up for the children. I ask no one to leave Jehovah but instead, to do what you know is right.

I was never an elder, nor a MS, not even a pioneer. I was a quiet sister in an average congregation. Yet I could see that company policy was overriding the Word and love of God. No one needs to leave Jehovah when they leave the Org. I still believe in God. But I no longer can stomach worshiping a man-made religion.

But I do not believe that He is with the witnesses any more. If mere humans are sickened by what is allowed to go on in the organisation, how much more so would our Creator?

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hezllo everyone,

again another extremely sad story.

I do agree with Scorpion coomment:

"...Keep up the great and courageous work. Hopefully a few of those in high places will respond."

and also the true statement from Teejay:

"Powerful, Bill. Powerful. You a bad boy and I have nothing but respect for you. But the fellows in "high places" to whom you speak are not men of high honor. They have positions to protect."

And with all the respect due I share 100% the very concise
    and sincere assertion from Prisca:

"If mere humans are sickened by what is allowed to go on in the organisation, how much more so would our Creator?"

Take courage Bill, Jesus Christ will surely help and guide
    you ALWAYS,

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• Tina
    Tina

Thank you Mr. Bowen!!
    I couldn't agree more. As I stated in another post. It seems like a rabbinal council here at times. Much discussion over minutiae(sp)..this word,or that policy along with the appropriate commiserations. What will this talmudic thinking accomplish? Not very much for victims and survivors.
    What it is is propping up a rotting corpse, attemtpting to dress it in an Armani suit,as that would make it smell any better.
    I will help in any way I can. I wish you continued strength and appreciate the fine example of real courage you have shown! With the highest admiration,Tina

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

bringing this back up.

• zev
    zev

as a brother of a victim - - thank you for every effort you make.
    -zev

__
    Zev
    The greatest consistancy of the WTBTS is their INconsistancy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit