Where did things go wrong?

by ljwtiamb 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• luna2
    luna2

I think that's so true, blondie.

From what I've been reading, they were off in left field from the beginning. I've been having to take a very hard look at myself lately, at what caused me to surrender my will and stop thinking for myself. It's not pretty.

I can't really get angry at the dubs when with a little study I should have been able to see through their claims to be God's organization. Just having researched C.T.Russell and "Judge" Rutherford's history should have opened my eyes. It never even occurred to me to go to the library and check it out. It's not as though I was raised a JW and had to overcome indoctrination since childhood. I was an adult when I made this decision. Why? WTF is wrong with me?

• myelaine
    myelaine

ljwtiamb,

you said: Is christianity wrong? the bible? all religion?

I would like to say that your question is valid and your thoughts are foretold... in a way.

Isaiah 7:23-25

It shall happen in that day, that wherever there COULD be a thousand vines worth a thousand shekels of silver, it will be for briers and thorns.

With arrows and bows men will come there, because all the land will be briers and thorns.

And to any hill which could be dug with the hoe, you will not go there for fear of briers and thorns; but it will become a range for oxen and a place for sheep to roam.

Now verse 25 talks about hills which could be dug with a hoe. "Religions" are hills dug by a hoe "man made" None can compare with an honest relationship with the creator. "In that day", people will be afraid to go to any "religion" for fear of the "briers and thorns". And coming out of the WBTS one can see where you might be uncertain about religion in general. But there is a mountain made by God, ZION, it is not a man-made hill, you don't have to be afraid of that one.

I think we see who verse 23 is talking about....

Matt 25:24-30

michelle

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Are certain BOEs and their application of principle the problem?

Yes. Many BOE's don't do the right thing even when they are taught to do the right thing. Window washers have no business making judgment about matters they are not qualified to make.

: Were JWs ever on the right track?

No. Chuck Russell was a false prophet from the get-go. :Are the GBs the source of all the org troubles?

Yes. Only they make the rules and doctrine. :Is the ORG the itself the problem?

Yes. It cares more about itself than it does about others, or more importantly the truth, even when the truth is obvious. Is christianity wrong? the bible? all religion?

Yes, yes, and yes. The Bible is not inspired, and Christianity is based upon the Bible. All religion is wrong, because God doesn't reveal his will through organized systems. In fact, organized systems turn simple and obvious truths to shit. :Why the H3LL am I half-way through life and just now starting to think like this for myself?

Because you're half-way through life and just now started to think like this for yourself. Hope that helps! Farkel

• garybuss
    garybuss
    Are certain BOEs and their application of principle the problem?

Were JWs ever on the right track?

Are the GBs the source of all the org troubles?

Is the ORG the itself the problem?

Is christianity wrong? the bible? all religion?

All of the above is part of the problem. The basis comes from superstition and tradition and they built on that. Whenever objective reality ends and "belief" starts, throw up a red flag.

• Daytona
    Daytona

Things started to "go wrong" shortly after the Apostles died. Paul tried to prepare the early disciples for this event.

What we see today in the churches are the barnacles which have grown for 2000 years over the teachings of the Christ making them unrecognizable to most church going Christians.

Daytona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit