almost got an apology from stepdad for years of molesting!!!!!!!

by crazyblondeb 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• crazyblondeb
  • blondie
    blondie

Try running it through Notepad first before posting it here.

Voice of experience, Blondie

• blondie
    blondie

ps, I would delete his name too.

• delilah
    delilah

Your post has stopped me in my tracks! Don't know what I'd do if I had ever got a letter like that from my abuser.....I had forgiven my abuser as he lay dying in the hospital, but if he'd ever apologized to me, I don't know how I would've reacted. Angry, sad, resentful, but probably happy to hear it. I hope you are able to go on with your life and not waste it harboring ill-will towards him. It took me a long time to realize that I was only hurting myself further , by being angry and unforgiving. But it takes a lot of strength and courage to do it. Kudo's to you, and welcome to the board.

Dee

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Crazyblondeb -

Welcome to JWD. Many of us will understand how important is was for you to be able to forgive.

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to more posts from you.

-Aude.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

How considerate of him..

GBL

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Thanks for sharing that. I can't imagine how difficult it was for you to write your letter to him, and I'm glad you are able to have some peace.

GG

• sandy
    sandy

I wish the apology to you was a little more direct and specific. But it is much better than nothing, as you know. I am happy that you have already forgiven him. That means so much for you personally.

Though we can never forget, forgiveness certainly helps with our own healing.

I know how much it means for our abuser to actually confess and apologize.

I wish you all the best in your healing and future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit