Although a JW, I never wanted to marry a JW

by JH 25 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I remember when I joined the JW's about 18 years ago, I was single just like today, and I never really wanted to marry a JW. I would have liked to get married, but not with a JW.

I believed in their religion, but that was the spiritual side of me. I never matched spirituality and sex or physical desires or love.

The physical side of me, wanted a worldly woman, not an endoctrinated JW.

Anybody else thought like me?

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I was the same way.........

When I was growing up I saw myself married to a Non JW! Someone more relaxed like me and not so Strict... "We have to go to the meetings and out in service and beat our children". Apart of me also wanted it for the Holiday's. Like having a Christmas tree and saying "Well you know Bill wants one and it is his house too"....lol (Where did Bill come from?)

Anyway, I had alot of Non JW Men who happened to be very successful after me a bit. I always said no because I wanted a 35+ man...lol! However, I meet my hubby fell head over heels in love with him. He was a JW and Now by the grace of god we left together and Now I got what I wanted. Other than he is only 27...Way to young for my taste but I will keep him.

Brooke

• JH
    JH

I always felt that a JW spouse wouldn't be sex minded enough. lol

Also, I wouldn't have liked talking about JW stuff all day long, all week long, all year long.....at home.

After my 2 hour meeting, I was fully saturated with JW thoughts, and needed to think of other enjoyable things.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    I always felt that a JW spouse wouldn't be sex minded enough.

That was my experience.

Also, I wouldn't have liked talking about JW stuff all day long, all week long, all year long.....at home.

Yes, that can be nauseating. My ex could talk about JW stuff constantly, and she thought I was "unspiritual" because I wanted to give it a rest sometimes. Some people don't understand that there is more happening in the world than just the stupid kingdom hall.

Now I just need to find some nice young babe - a single version of Brooke - who doesn't mind eccentric old buggers like me.

Walter

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

sex minded enough.......LOL

Oh honey I was not like the other JW Girls! I was so wrong in the things I thought of and wanted to do. What I liked was not in books or in the movies. I was naughty that's what I wanted a Non JW Man to play with and have him ......Ok I am stopping right there! ?????

Brooke .......the Worldly thinking JW ! Now EX JW!

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Yeah I never wanted to marry a dub when I was in. Dating in 'the truth' was so wierd, walking around with a constant set of blue balls, and never being able to be open about regular feelings that were contrary to the org. The worldly girls or the ones that I dated on the fringe (five of my old girlfriends have disassociated.. lol) were like a breath of fresh air.

GBL

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

When I was dating a JW she insisted that I study the "Family" book with her.

Walter

• JH
    JH
    When I was dating a JW she insisted that I study the "Family" book with her.

Walter, I guess you would have rathered study her instead....

• kls
    kls

I keep telling my jw husband to divorce me and marry a jw so they can live in misery together,,,,,,,,lol

He knows his life would be so boring and isolated if he did .

• delilah
    delilah

I too, was too liberal minded for a good Jw boy...I knew I wouldn't marry "in the truth". I had no desire for my husband EVER becoming an MS or elder....and I missed celebrating the holidays, as I was 10 when my parents converted. It never left my heart, the holidays, and I love to decorate to the nines!!!! My hubby likes to say he married a "dirty girl" ha ha ha . I think the society woulf keel over if they had any ideas as to what goes on in our boudoir....ha ha ha

Dee (of the "I'm getting my share of the goodies" class) he he he

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit