Why isn't the WTS more direct in regards to "apostate" web sites?????????

by integ 22 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

My thoughts exactly, frankiespeakin!

The Society is well aware that many criticisms of its doctrines and policies are valid. That's why they don't want JWs to even think about criticisms, and so they don't want to give them any ammunition to look critically at anything it says or does.

AlanF

• Honesty
    Honesty

Enemies of the Truth

8 Apostates can present yet another threat to our spirituality. The apostle Paul foretold that apostasy would arise among professed Christians. (Acts 20:29, 30; 2 Thessalonians 2:3) In fulfillment of his words, after the death of the apostles, a great apostasy led to the development of Christendom. Today, there is no great apostasy taking place among God's people. Still, a few individuals have left our ranks, and some among them are bent on defaming Jehovah?s Witnesses by spreading lies and misinformation. A few work with other groups in organized resistance to pure worship. In doing so, they side with the very first apostate, Satan.

Some apostates are increasingly using various forms of mass communication, including the Internet, to spread false information about Jehovah?s Witnesses. As a result, when sincere individuals do research on our beliefs, they may stumble across apostate propaganda. Even some Witnesses have unwittingly exposed themselves to this harmful material. In addition, apostates occasionally take part in television or radio programs. What is the wise course to follow in view of this?

The apostle John directed Christians not to accept apostates into their homes. He wrote: "If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. For he that says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works." (2 John 10, 11) Avoiding all contact with these opponents will protect us from their corrupt thinking. Exposing ourselves to apostate teachings through the various means of modern communication is just as harmful as receiving the apostate himself into our homes. Never should we allow curiosity to lure us into such a calamitous course!?Proverbs 22:3.

We are exposing the truth with the apostate WTBTS's own literature. An example of the bastards' scripture twisting is in red letters above. John was speaking about anyone who does not bring the Good News about Christ. The demonised Govrning body of the WTBTS is foremost among the cults in denying Christ to 6 million human beings.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    It'd be great if they specifically forbade URLs!

Actually I thought it would be a great idea to post small billboards on private property, with certain urls, NEAR kingdom halls! That would be a great witnessing campaign!

• Gerard
    Gerard
    the internet poses the single largest challenge to them as an org since its inception.

Yes, but only in developed countries where people can read AND have regular access to a computer that happens to be linked to the internet.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Can you imaging a WT article condemning specific websites...

Then that article gets placed with an "interested one"...

What would you do??

Knowledge is power, and the WTS is so weak.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Even mentioning apostate web sites plants a seed in the witness mind, and they just don't want to take that chance.

• blondie
    blondie

Many JWs interpret an apostate website being any website about JWs or the Watchtower that is not an official one such as www.watchtower.org

Then there are JWs that if you tell them not to do it, they have to do it and the WTS knows that.

It also gives the elders a wide latitude of interpreting what is an apostate site.

Blondie

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    It'd be great if they specifically forbade URLs!

"Brothers, do not under any circumstances visit the following sites: http://jehovahs-witness.com, http://quotes.watchtower.ca, http://freeminds.org, ..."

It would be great, however I think the reason why they dont is primarily because it would create an element of curiosity for those who might be having their doubts and hell there must be plenty given how many we estimate lurk on this site before posting.....

They would lose them far more quickly if they inadvertently directed them to some sites with opposing viewpoints however if they stay just that little bit longer then the indoctrination might eventually sink in...even if it doesnt and they eventually leave at least they would have the additional contributions in the box. Either way they dont lose

What do you think?

DB74

• by grace
    by grace
    An example of the bastards' scripture twisting is in red letters above. John was speaking about anyone who does not bring the Good News about Christ.

Thank you, Honesty, for pointing that out! So true!!!! Boy, they do know how to manipulate those scriptures, don't they?

• eye 23
    eye 23

I was thinking of all the times I have read people say....I never knew anything about sites like this one, I just typed in Jehovahs Witnesses and............ Wow! there was just soooo much stuff on the internet, I have learn't so much about the org.

so maybe that's the thinking behind it; if they told people not to look at the apostate sites, how many of the brothers/sisters would think ...what apposate sites??

I bet they have no idea of the amount of people there are out here in the REAL world, especially, in light of the posted mag i.e a few people have spread lies about jehovahs organization.

ha ... they are hardly going to blab that there is a world of information out there all about them and their history using their own litrature to condem them ..now are they?

can you imagine the announcement:

yes, brothers, there are an infinate amount of sites out there in cyber space, stories of former witnesses and quotes from our own litrature etc....and it's just a click away.......but don't do it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit