And THIS is supposed to be a God worthy of worship?

by SeymourButts 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Wow, God's a lot of things.

You know what cracks me up? It's when God apologists quote scripture saying God is a good guy. God (through his own holy book) says he's a good guy...well, no surprises there then!

lol! totally. The Lord of the Rings says Frodo and Gandalf are good guy's, and that Sauron is evil. But how do we know for sure? at least in LOTR there are no contraditions. Neither book has a warning label that it is just fiction. apologists...jeez. edit: oh, and i love this essay called "An Almighty Screwup" here: http://ebonmusings.org/atheism/screwup.html

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    You know what cracks me up? It's when God apologists quote scripture saying God is a good guy. God (through his own holy book) says he's a good guy...well, no surprises there then!

Yeah absolutely.

We want to see the UNAUTHORISED autobiography?!!!

DB74

• Flash
    Flash
    And THIS is supposed to be a God worthy of worship?

I don't have the answers to all the seeming inconsistantcies recorded about God acting in way that we might label unloving. I do know, if we're honest with ourselves, we will admit we don't have all the information and details that suround these apparent less than ideal decisions. I do think that God has a wider range of freedom to operate than we tend to believe He has...and still remain 'in bounds' as far as being a God of love. As humans we believe there is often more than one right answer to a given problem/situation and so we might not agree with the one who makes the final desision. Could it not also be true with God? Also, doesn't He have a right to personal peferance in how He chooses to handle things? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for asking God, directly but respecfully, for answers concering those areas we disagree with Him on. I would ask though, that we also focus on ALL THE GOOD there is in life and in creation and not be to quick to condem God as evil or unworthy of our trust. For someone to believe so strongly that the ONLY way to correct and counteract the effects of the rebellion was to send His own Son to His death deserves our giving Him the benefit of the doubt and trusting Him...Jesus did. As for those things that really bother us, we can ask Him our questions now in prayer and also later, after Armageddon.

• Dustin
    Dustin

All the indiscrepencies in the Bible show that he isn't even real. The Bible is just a book written by some dudes a long time ago, and is totally uninspired.

• love11
    love11

Only worship, honor, or admire who you choose!

Not out of guilt, parents viewpoint, or force, but out of your own true choice.

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts
    All the indiscrepencies in the Bible show that he isn't even real. The Bible is just a book written by some dudes a long time ago, and is totally uninspired.

I'm with you Dustin. The more I dug into the Bible and it's formation the more I began to realize its inconsistancies, discrepancies and contradictions. I can understand people believing in a god, but why anyone wholeheartedly believes in the Bible is beyond me.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

There have been many a thread in wonder at the blatant contradictions and nonsensical irrationality of the god presented within the pages of the Bible.

It's fascinating how as Jehovah's Witnesses we ignored the entire spectrum of inconsistencies and foolishness practiced by the Bible-god. Some still refuse to see, but those who have opened their eyes are now confused. What is there to be confused about?

Jehovah, was only one of many ancient anthropomorphic deities. Any man-made god worth it's salt is going to reflect as much of it's creators idiosyncrasies and habits as possible. Jehovah, does it all; and quite well.

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit