What a bunch of idiots!

by toladest 2 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• toladest
    toladest

I was thinking about some of the crap I went through with the elders during one of the hardest times of my life. I was seeking help from the elders and had told them that I had been sexually abused as a child. I was VERY upset that my father-in-law, who was an elder and PO, had abused SO many children and yet the elders in his hall and at the WTS did nothing about it. He had already been arrested and was awaiting trial. Because of this I was losing faith in the elders and WTS (yes the WTS was directly involved but will deny it until the end of time). The elders set up another meeting with me at my request. (I kept asking them to come and help me understand) They brought articles about victims feeling guilt. I told them over and over that I was not feeling guilt, but that I was upset that the guilty person was not being held accountable. Yet they would not address that. They just kept reading the parts about victims feeling guilt. They were drilling it and drilling it and would not let it go. I left that meeting feeling beaten. They seemed to be trying to make me think that it was because of my own issues with guilt that I could not let the matter go. All I wanted was for them to acknowledge what had happened and take measures to correct it.

What makes a bunch of uneducated and untrained men think they can handle these issues? And what makes people like me think they can help? (I know now I was wrong.)

• love11
    love11

Sorry to hear you went through such a horrible experience. I think the wts wants to keep this dirty little secret, that they are not as perfect as they say they are. They will smear the priest for doing the same thing that they are doing.

I think most jw's would be shocked to find out how common this is in their precious organization.

I have undergone some serious abuse as well. We would go to the elders showing them bruises and they said that we needed to be more obedient and my mom needed to be more submissive. I couldn't believe that they didn't help me. It was such a shock. After they left the house, my dad just got even more smug. The abuse continued to a greater degree AFTER we talked to the elders because then he thought he was in the right with GOD. I remember telling the elders that I was having flash backs of being raped at 4 years old. They told me that sometimes girls fascinate about their own fathers and that doesn't mean anything except that you need to pray to Jehovah for having unclean thoughts. Then they made it worse by showing me a scripture about girls in the bible that had sex with their dad. I felt violated all over again after talking to them. How could any girl WANT to have sex with her 40-something, fat, balding father. They are sick!!!!! Finally they believed me when I hid a tape recorder in the room and taped everything. He was disfellowshipped but never put in prison, no police were called.

I would like to say that you CAN overcome from abuse and sick treatment from those that were once in power of our lives. It takes alot of effort and pampering- time for yourself is well deserved. Now.... I treat my body with the respect it should have been given all along and I love myself for being strong enough to pull through it.

I wonder how those elders would cope if they had to go through what we did. Shame on them. But they are already getting their earthly punishment- having their every move controlled by other abusive men!

Hugs and Love- Stand Tall!

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

clueless MEN!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit